First Impressions

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
First Impressions
« on: 27 Sep 2006, 06:05 am »
Its best to start at the beginning. My RWA arrived with a damaged case and within a week, Vinnie had it back to me in pristine condition  aa. Vinnie's a prince. The time away only whetted my appetite  :drool: and now everything is as it should be. I've only had it for two days now and all I can say is wow  8). There is so much more to hear now that I'm off the grid and all I can do is sit back with this stupid smile on my face  :D. Clarity, articulation, subltlety, panache, tonality, extension, dynamics, and jump factor come to mind and I'm sure there's more but right now but I'm at a loss for words  :scratch:. Oh, and no noise, grunge, hash or any residual detritus to get in the way. I've never heard this kind of 'quiet' before.
I'm pairing the RWA with the Hornshoppe Horns and this combo is like a deus ex mechina left on my doorstep.They compliment each other so well that I feel like this is as far as I'm going to go for quite some time. If ever. The Horns seem to be cut from the same bolt of cloth as the RWA, having such complimentary properties as to make their matching a no brainer. Together, they sing as one.
I had a friend over who's been at this since the 60s and he's heard most of the 'digital' amps out there and he says that this bests the Nuforce and Channel Islands and a couple of others by a very wide margin. In fact, he's now seriously considering getting one.
Sorry for adding to your workload, Vinnie :icon_twisted:.

Tim

wendell

Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2006, 06:49 am »
Tim, 

I completley agree with you about Vinnie's service and support, excellent!  I purchsed a RWA Teac from an AC member that was not working.  Once it got to him he was very honest and inspected as soon as he was able, he found that the batteries were dead and he replaced them and sent to me right away. It was about 3 days turnaround which is very fast considering he no longer offers mods for this and the amount of work he's got with the success of the SIG 30.

Vinnie, I salute you! and I know it is peope like you that make this hobby very rewarding!

BTW, the Teac sounds awesome,  I actually played with my GR A/V3, GR A/V1. and OMEGA Minuet. 

Wendell

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2006, 12:30 pm »
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your post and I'm glad this time your Sig 30 arrived in pristine condition... it is all about the new packaging that I promised and so far it is doing the trick!  :wink:

I'd love it if you can post your impressions after you put some hours (100+) on your Sig 30.  I promise you that you are in for a real treat.  Glad it is working very well with your Hornshoppe Horns.  I see you posted over here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=31718.10

Thanks again! 

Sorry for adding to your workload, Vinnie .

Bring it on!  I am cranking through it and this week I should be able to ship out 6 of 'em, and I'll be working all weekend too  :hyper:   This crisp fall air has me feeling fresh!

Hi Wendell,

My pleasure and I support all my products...even discontinued ones  :wink:
I installed larger, 5Ah batteries in your Teac (originally there were 3.4Ah SLAs) and tested it out hooked up directly to the modded Olive music server (which has a volume controlled line-out)... sounded great pushing my B200 OBs  :thumb:
It is a ballsy 30 watts  :weights:

Thanks again, Guys!

Vinnie