Boulder Olive on the way

HT cOz

Boulder Olive on the way
« on: 25 Sep 2006, 12:53 am »
Hello Wayne,

I have with great luck come into one of your modified Olive Musicas.  I am extremely fortunate to have such a fine piece of equipment in my setup.  I am currently running a Panasonic XR-25, should I stick to the digital input or use the analogue? 

Thanks,
Robert

Wayne1

Re: Boulder Olive on the way
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:42 am »
The Olive you are getting has had a lot of mods to the analog section. The Panny is best with digital in.

I would suggest you try both, but I think you might be better off to look for something else for amplification.

HT cOz

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2006, 02:14 pm »
Yes new amps are the next building block in my system.  I'm so pumped for the Musica because of its simplicity.  Musica -> Amps -> Speakers  aa

Is there any downside to not using a Pre Amp?  It sounds like you guys liked it best without a pre amp.  Given the you match its line output with an appropriate amp.

Thanks,
Robert

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2006, 02:29 pm »
Robert,

The one thing I do not care for with the Musica is control of the volume.

It is not continuous, like the SB. You have to keep hitting the volume button on the remote to raise or lower. You can't just hold the button down.

In one system, with very efficient speakers, the volume won't go low enough. You will have to experiment with different amp sensitivity and speaker efficiencies.

Perhap a simple analog attenuator might help with this.

With Mike Garner's gear: Nuforce amps and SP Tech speakers, we had no trouble.