AKSAONLINE WEBSITE DOWN - temporarily!

AKSA

AKSAONLINE WEBSITE DOWN - temporarily!
« on: 24 Sep 2006, 04:15 am »
Folks,

Website down due to some funny business - can anyone recommend a good hosting service in the US at less than $US100 a year?  I'm done with these guys, they didn't keep me notified at all.

Cheers,

Hugh

jmc207

Re: AKSAONLINE WEBSITE DOWN - temporarily!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2006, 05:06 am »

1. Dotable.com
Aussie Bob has a stellar reputation in the web host business. Servers are located on the U.S. West Coast. Details on his single domain plans can be found at: http://dotable.com/showthread.php?t=664

2. Wirenine.com is a newer company that is doing many things well. You may also want to check them out.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2006, 03:25 pm »
I use Dreamhost.com for my personal hosting.  They have been very good: in adding new services, providing good support, and in their uptime.

Their basic plan that would fit your size is $7.95/month.

AKSA

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:00 am »
Thanks Guys,

This is very useful information, much appreciated.  I like Dotable, will look at all options you suggest.  My present host bills me automatically, expiry date ran out on my CC, I failed to update, they did not contact me, just trashed the website WITH NO NOTIFICATION OF INTENT.

I can't believe this;  what an incredible business ethic!  They live in my home town, why not pick up the phone or drop me a snail mail?

Still fuming.....

Cheers,

Hugh

Geoff-AU

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2006, 09:17 am »
I've had good experiences with bluehost.com - had my personal site hosted there for a couple of years.

bad experience with drak.net - their website was highly entertaining but they were a shocker to deal with.

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2006, 09:40 am »
How much traffic do you deliver per month?

AKSA

« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:13 pm »
Hi John,

I've just signed with Dreamhost.com, some urgency of course, traffic is around 2Gb per month, need about 200Mb for the site.

Did you have a few ideas?

Hugh

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2006, 08:17 pm »
I have one idea... I will send you a PM...

Jens

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2006, 06:40 am »
Hi Hugh,

Any news on website availability?

I was going to post something about the Lifeforce modules on a local forum here, but I'll put it off until your website is up and running again .....

Incidentally, could something be done about the small font size on the site? After accessing the site using two different browsers on 5 different computers I can see that the small font is not a local problem on my computer  :green:

AKSA

« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2006, 08:07 am »
Hi Jens,

Yes, I admit the font sizes could be fixed.  And the all up width might be bigger, too.

Your number is almost up on the queue!!

The website is now rehosted at Dreamhost.com.  The nameservers have all been swapped over, the code is uploaded, we must wait until the nameservers are promulgated across the net before it all works.  I'm confident it should be tomorrow, in fact.

Disasters always come in threes......

Cheers,

Hugh

Jens

« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2006, 08:23 am »
Hi Hugh,

Sounds like everything is moving in the right direction  :D

I would like to chime with others about the new website in that it looks very professional. When you get the minor things fixed, it'll be spot on!

Looking forward to those LF modules! :hyper:

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2006, 10:07 am »
Hi Hugh

what happened to you has happened to me and some friends, they leave it up to you
to pay on date and notify them of renewals

here's some hosts if youre interested
www.surrenderonline.com --ozie with us servers cheapy
www.awardspace.com --huge space good price

good luck i hope you find the right one for you

cheers

AKSA

« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2006, 10:40 am »
Thanks George,

You are dead right there;  that's what happened.  An Oz company, in Melbourne, and they had snail mail and phone number, and failed to pick up the phone, merely disabled the site - on a Friday night, too.

This is the peril of an automated billing system - IT brilliance, but human/business disaster.....

I've just moved to Dreamhost.com, and from dealings so far, they are excellent, with very quick response and a much lower price with far more bandwidth and infrastructure, including an online FTP client workable through a browser.

Thank you for the suggestions,

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2006, 07:21 am »
WEBSITE BACK UP!!    :kiss: :bounce: :dance: :hyper:

Russ, many many thanks, I'm very pleased, it was out of action for six days.

Thanks guys at my former webhost - you know who you are!!  And a big ra ra for Brad from Houston who helped me into dreamhost.com - what a fantastic community you guys are!!

Cheers,

Hugh

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #14 on: 28 Sep 2006, 07:29 am »
Hello Hugh.....I see it....reporting from NY..... :thumb:

http://www.aksaonline.com/   ....looking good !!

All the best.....   Chris

AKSA

« Reply #15 on: 28 Sep 2006, 08:05 am »
Thank you Chris,

That's great - I can see it too from my back window!!

I've got a new amp for you....  but you'll have to check into Paul's in Brooklyn for a listen!!

Hugh

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2006, 08:16 am »
Thank you Chris,

That's great - I can see it too from my back window!!

I've got a new amp for you....  but you'll have to check into Paul's in Brooklyn for a listen!!

Hugh
Thanks Hugh....I know Paul was working on something....I'll have to get over for a listen. What I have been reading....Lifeforce looks like a winner...but that's what I would expect from you Hugh.... :thumb:

Chris