Another Hagclock question

Pars

Another Hagclock question
« on: 20 Sep 2006, 04:20 am »
Hi Jim,

I'm going to be buying a HagClock pcb from you, but had a question regarding its implementation. My player is the old Rotel RCD-855, which uses the SAA7220/7210 TDA1541A design (typ Philips). I understand that the 7220 generates alot of noise on the clock coming out of it. Would you distributing clock to all chips individually? The DAC will need a /2 put in as I understand it. Any other gotchas in doing this? The player has pretty good PSUs, etc.

Thanks,

Chris

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
Re: Another Hagclock question
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2006, 07:06 pm »
The HAGCLOCK has only one output and is designed specifically to replace the existing xtal oscillator section of a player.  Now, there are additional tweaks one can do to a player, like adding clock buffering and routing to other sections on the board, adding retiming gates, changing opamps, capacitors, etc.  Each player is different and you can choose whatever tweaks you want.  The HAGCLOCK is only one of these.  It is just a reference low-jitter clock, nothing more.

Keep in mind clock buffering and distribution/replacement at other points on the board will require proper delays and polarity considerations.  There is more to it than just putting a clock on a pin.  The clock edge has to show up at just the right time relative to the other signals. 

jh