How are the changes coming to the Le Amp II?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 19 Jun 2003, 01:44 am »
Just curious how it's coming.  Of the suggestions made, how many can be implemented?  I'm hoping the gold binding posts will make it, and the recessed vertical power switch would be nice.

Also, Micheal, can you provide any physical dimensions for the LeA2?  I just finished a major rearrange of my system & room, ditching my previous audio rack and adding two new ones, moved all the media (and moved my DVD rack out of the room), and routed all the speaker cables under the floor.  It was a major undertaking, to put it mildly.  Anyway, I'm sorta debating where the amps will go, so for space concerns I'd like to know how much room the monoblocs will need.

I'm also curious, will the sinks be adequate to allow one amp to sit atop another?

Oh, yeah.  When will they ship!? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2003, 01:05 pm »
I don't have the measurements but I am going to make a guess. The unit looked to me to be about 6 inches tall and 8 inches wide.  

The unit does not run that hot with the new heat sinks.  It is warm but not hot.  I would say that the units should be fine stacked.

I talked to the case maker today. He told me that he will have more information next Tuesday. I hope that means he is about finished.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2003, 01:29 am »
Thanks, Micheal.  My hope is that two can sit side by side on a shelf made for 17" components.  Stacking them probably won't be necessary; I ditched my gear rack and bought two new ones in anticipation of the Le Amp II's arrival! 8)   Should be enough room for everything, at least til the next buying spree. :wink: