Omega Revolutions and RWA Signature 30 Amplifier - First Impressions

tmarshl

I just received my Omega Revolutions and Red Wine Audio Signature 30 amplifier.  Both are now broken in with 100 hours of playtime. I am one happy listener!  My Omega Revolutions were done in Wenge wood, dark brown wood which is finding its way into high-end interior designs.  The fit and finish is just beautiful.  Even my wife is happy, and that is a difficult test to meet.

This is a well-matched combination, which is delivering hour after hour of effortless listening.  It must be the excellent Visatron speaker, along with the single-driver design of the Revolutions coupled with the totally black background of the battery-powered Signature 30 SET.  Losing complex and finicky crossover circuity as well as the AC circuitry of most amplifiers creates what is for me a very enjoyable listening experience.

I listen primarily to instrumental jazz, vocals, chamber music and choral, as well as classic rock.  These speakers are particularly clean with live recordings and produce an accurate soundstage.  The proof of their value to me is that I am listening to much more music these days - and that's what it's all about!  :dance:

westcoast

Hey.  I'm seeing a pic only and no specs on the Revolutions at Louis' site.  What are the H x W x D dimensions of these?  Are they sold with the platforms?  Can you post some pics of your rig in action?  Thanks...and welcome to the Circles!!   :thumb: 

kbuzz3

Wenge is WOW
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2006, 03:34 pm »
My Omega Revolutions were done in Wenge wood, dark brown wood which is finding its way into high-end interior designs.  The fit and finish is just beautiful.  Even my wife is happy, and that is a difficult test to meet.

WENGE!!!! We must see!!! Louis is that website up yet.....we want wenge

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Quote from: tmarshl
Both are now broken in with 100 hours of playtime. I am one happy listener!

Hi tmarshl,

Welcome to Audiocircle! 

Thanks for posting and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your Sig 30 + Omega Revolution combo!  I've heard it for myself (at Omega) and it is fantastic!  The wenge finish is beautiful and something new that Louis is adding to his line up.  The Visaton B200 is my favorite full-range driver and in a sealed floor-stander cabinet, it goes deep and works very well placed close to the wall behind it (we tried 1-foot and the bass was solid and NOT boomy).  Kind of unreal how much sound you can get from one driver per speaker.

I also want to thank you for posting your impressions of the Sig 30 on Head-Fi (powering your AKG K1000s).  That was an excellent write-up/comparison!  Glad you found an amp that works well for both headphone and home audio speaker listening.  With something like a modded iPod for a source, you can easily bring the Sig 30 + K1000 combo with you outside and enjoy the beautiful NM weather this fall.  Get a beach chair (where's our AC member "TheChairGuy" when you need him? :lol:) and your favorite drink and enjoy life and music for hours.... La Viva Bella  :angel:

Hope to see you stop by over at the RWA forum too  :wink: 

Thanks again!

Vinnie

Louis O

Hi tmarshl,

This is great news and the combo is stellar. I really enjoy it here at the shop and you're so right about the Sig 30. It has such grip and control as well is the black background. The quietest amp I've heard.

The Wenge is really hot right now and my distributor can't keep it in stock. I had to be on a waiting list for your veneer, but it was worth the wait. I'm very happy your wife likes the finish and especially happy that you're listening to more music.

Hi westcoast,

Thanks and sorry about the lack of info on the site. The new one I hope will be up very soon.

The speakers are the same size as the Maxhemp and the pedestals are included.  The speaker itself is 31"H x 15"W x 10.5"D. The base adds 10" to the height and is set up to be mass loaded. I can also sell the speaker without the bases if you want to go with Skylan 10" stands. I'll get some pics taken very soon.

Hi kbuzz3,

tmarshl will have to supply this picture. I remembered to take the pictures after I packed them. The wood is very elegant and no extra charge at all. I can do some custom finishes including metals, but these are much more expensive.

Thanks again,
Louis

DavidS

This sounds like nice combination.  Curious about the speaker - the driver is visaton - I assume the same as used in the much discussed open baffle design.  Know you guys are playing with an open baffle speaker based on some earlier discussion here - how does this driver work in sealed box vs open design.  Any sound characteristic comparison comments?

David Speed

Jon L

I just received my Omega Revolutions and Red Wine Audio Signature 30 amplifier.  Both are now broken in with 100 hours of playtime. I am one happy listener!  My Omega Revolutions were done in Wenge wood, dark brown wood which is finding its way into high-end interior designs.  The fit and finish is just beautiful.  Even my wife is happy, and that is a difficult test to meet.

This is a well-matched combination, which is delivering hour after hour of effortless listening.  It must be the excellent Visatron speaker, along with the single-driver design of the Revolutions coupled with the totally black background of the battery-powered Signature 30 SET.  Losing complex and finicky crossover circuity as well as the AC circuitry of most amplifiers creates what is for me a very enjoyable listening experience.

I listen primarily to instrumental jazz, vocals, chamber music and choral, as well as classic rock.  These speakers are particularly clean with live recordings and produce an accurate soundstage.  The proof of their value to me is that I am listening to much more music these days - and that's what it's all about!  :dance:

This..thread..is..worthless..without..P ICS!  :green:

Louis O

Hi DavidS,
Thanks and the driver is the same Visiton used in the OB. The high Q lends itself well for a sealed box alignment. I also use the aperiodic vent which helps in making the driver think it's in a larger cabinet amongst other things. In a vented cabinet the sound would be too boomy.

Hi Jon L,

You're right and I do have a picture on the news page of my site.

Thanks again,
Louis
It's a very fast and articulate sound with amazing transients. Bass is also extended. The Revolution is also very room friendly.

Canyoneagle

Louis:
What is your pricing on the revolution?
Thanks
Michael

Louis O

Hi Micheal,

The Revolutions are $2200 a pair and includes the bases as well.

Thanks again,
Louis

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Photo of the Revolution from the Omega website.... :thumb:
*....(note: Brass spikes are replacing Isolpad on top of the base).

tmarshl

.....tmarshl will have to supply this picture. I remembered to take the pictures after I packed them. The wood is very elegant and no extra charge at all. I can do some custom finishes including metals, but these are much more expensive.

Thanks again,
Louis

Here is a picture of one of the Omega Revolutions in Wenge Wood.  They really look stunning, and sound even better.

I have had them for a few weeks, and they keep sounding better and better! I am a happy listener.

tmarshl

Re: Wenge is WOW
« Reply #12 on: 2 Oct 2006, 04:55 am »
My Omega Revolutions were done in Wenge wood, dark brown wood which is finding its way into high-end interior designs.  The fit and finish is just beautiful.  Even my wife is happy, and that is a difficult test to meet.

WENGE!!!! We must see!!! Louis is that website up yet.....we want wenge
I have posted a picture of one of the Omega Revolutions in Wenge Wood.

TheSloth

So am I right in thinking that the Revolution is an aperiodic enclosure, whereas the Max Hemp is a bass reflex enclosure? And are they roughly the same price? Also, what are the dimensions?

Am I to assume that the aperiodic enclosure will be a little less fussy about placement, particularly with respect to the rear wall?

Louis O

Hi tmarshl,

Many thanks for posting the picture and great to hear they are getting better and better. My supplier is still having a hard timer keeping the Wenge is stock. It’s very popular right now.

Hi TheSloth,

You’re right about the loading and they are 31”H x 15”W x 10.5”D. The base adds 10.5”H.

The Revolutions are a little less at $2200 a pair.

Thanks again,
Louis