Great Exodus Hypex Amp Mention on SonicFlare

kfr01

Great Exodus Hypex Amp Mention on SonicFlare
« on: 14 Sep 2006, 02:24 am »
http://www.sonicflare.com/

Congrats, Kevin.  It looks like you're the value leader in Hypex right now.  Great pic, too!

kfr01

Re: Great Exodus Hypex Amp Mention on SonicFlare
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2006, 12:22 pm »
Look at Michael Fremer's comment on that page.  :evil:

CornellAlum

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2006, 01:47 pm »
While MF may have an eloquent way with words, he is most certainly wrong in this case.  He embraces new technology about as well as the rest of us embrace his $89,000 turntable...not at all!

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2006, 04:31 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.   Their web developer is good.... the site looks nice.   

I don't think we have any hype surrounding our product.   The only hype that has been generated for the Hypex modules is the feedback from users.   DIYAudio has generated a lot of it and Jan-Peter & Bruno did a good job of handling that.   

This is a good time to state my views on the mainstream audio press and the industry in general.   First off.... I'm biased.   I don't like virtually any form of our modern press.   It mostly generates superficial information.   It is often used as a propaganda tool by various interest groups and the general philosophy that truth is in the eye of the beholder (or writer) is a bag of shit.   There are good writers and good forms of the press.   It’s just the parts that I see 95% of the time make me sick to my stomach.

Audio magazines and web-zines pretty much fit my general view of the press.   There are good periodicals and good reviewers.   There are good methods employed by some of these individuals to ferret out truth to the best of their ability.    Unfortunately, there are many many more that are just full of themselves and their methods are downright wreck less or fraudulent.    For anyone who has been in the industry any period of time you know of several instances where reviewers expect a tit for a tat.   Some are subtler than others but there is a prevalent attitude that you better treat the reviewer like royalty and advertising and free equipment is wise if you want to maintain a good relationship.    I understand that in any business you have to smooch butt and rub elbows.   I'm just not attracted to doing it. 

I'll tell you right now I just won't play those games.  I'll NEVER give one stinking thing to someone who is trying to extort money from me.   I'd simply rather do something else than play that game.   It is not likely you will see any mainstream reviews of my products either.   :lol:   

CornellAlum

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2006, 05:44 pm »
I'll summarize for you Kevin.  You couldn't give a flying *&^% what Fremer thinks about class D.  Well said :thumb:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2006, 08:48 pm »
I'll summarize for you Kevin.  You couldn't give a flying *&^% what Fremer thinks about class D.  Well said :thumb:
Ha!   I don't know Mr. Fremer.   In fact I don't think I've ever read one of his articles.   The limit of my exposure to him is his comment here and maybe a quick sentence or two in our room at CES.    I know him more by reputation but everyone should be given an opportunity to prove their reputation wrong, shouldn't they?   :icon_lol: