Bybee Inline RF Purifier

Wayne1

Bybee Inline RF Purifier
« on: 17 Jun 2003, 02:38 pm »

Here is the latest inline Bybee purifier from the BOLDER Cable Company 8)

I built this yesterday and installed in on the back of my Dish Network receiver. It is made using a Cardas "F" Video connector which is Non magnetic, eutecic Brass, Rhodium over Silver plate and a female "F" connector.

I saw the same sort of results as when we installed the three RCA Inline Purifiers on Mike Galusha's projector.

Here are his comments:

"I'll skip to how the Bybees worked for video. I'll put it this way, you don't want demo these on component video if you don't have some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket. I have a Sony VPL-VW10HT LCD projector which is several years old. While not as nice as the newer stuff; in a dark room with a black wall around the screen it can produce quite a good picture. Until today it was the best LCD picture I've seen.

Adding the Bybee filters to the projector inputs for component video was surprising. I wasn't sure just what to expect, perhaps a slight improvement in clarity and detail but certainly not what appeared on screen. The most immediate change was the brightness level. The picture was noticeably brighter yet the blacks were blacker and contrast improved. Usually brightening up the image causes the low level, near black details to get lost. This had just the opposite effect, blacks were more detailed yet the overall brightness was better.

Other details improved as well such as color gradations. More of a continuous tone than distinct colors. Downsides? Determining where the film left off and the CGI appeared was easier. Very similar to upgrading your audio system, little details are more apparent and noticeable. Even the ones you don't want to hear/see. The 450 simoleons is a bit painful as well but in my system I'd probably have to spend more than that on a new DVD player to improve the image as much and not be able to keep the improvement when the time comes to upgrade the player again.

Just my nickel but I really didn't want Wayne to take these away.  

Mike"

I am really amazed how well the Bybees work on video. I have found with the addition of the RF Purifier, the shows are more enjoyable to watch, sure there are still compression artifacts but the overall quality is much improved.

I have added this purifier to the BOLDER Cable website. Price is $175.00.

Bybee RF Purifier

Next up for me will be the S-video cable.

bubba966

Re: Bybee Inline RF Purifier
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2003, 11:06 pm »
Hmmm, wonder what that'd do plugged into a cable modem? You wouldn't happen to have a cable modem would you Wayne?

Quote from: Wayne1
Next up for me will be the S-video cable.

So now you're going to be building S cables? Another thing I'd asked about it the past and got a no answer from you... :lol:

A Bybee'd S cable would have to have at least 2 Bybees in it, wouldn't it? One for the Y, one for the C. I think the other two conductors aren't signal carrying.

Well, if you want something to compare your S cable to, I'll let you borrow a 2M M2000HDSV S cable that I'm not using at the moment. It's the best S cable I've used so far. Better than Transparent's top line cable.

Wayne1

Bybee Inline RF Purifier
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2003, 12:15 am »
Robin,

I do not know.

I have not really "listened" for a comparison.

Tyson should be coming over tomorrow. I'll make him sitt down and listen and I will let you know.