Little Miss Sunshine

jakepunk

Little Miss Sunshine
« on: 6 Sep 2006, 02:45 am »
This is a really funny dark comedy about a road trip taken by a dysfunctional family.  I totally enjoyed every minute of it.  It has an all-star cast, great acting, and a good soundtrack.  I am a big Alan Arkin fan.  The ending is great! 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2006, 02:11 pm »
I was pressured into seeing this one by my in-laws of all people.  Very nice.  :thumb:  I must say that if beauty pageants are really like this, there is no freaking way my daughter would ever participate in one.

csc

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2006, 05:40 pm »
Recently went to see a movie with a friend.  We both list movies we want to see, and narrow it down.  I had not even heard of "Little Miss Sunshine", but for some reason, it stayed on the list because she really wanted to see it......I wanted to see "Pirates of the Carribean".  But a phone call to her sister, who then said her husband really liked it, and I caved in.

Anyways....glad I saw it....a lot of laughing.

robert1325

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2006, 07:23 pm »
Yes, I'm waiting for the dvd to be released,  Here's some of my favorites:

The life aquatic with steve zissou
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Lost in translation
The squid and the whale
Brick
Donnie darko
Mean creek
Sideways

Robert

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2006, 01:27 am »
That's a great list, Robert. The only one I didn't care for was Brick. I hate to say that cause the film was very well done, but the huge effort to make the language original was very distracting for me. I may give it another shot at some point, cause I may just have not been in the mood when I watched it, but I thought they tried a little too hard to make it work.

robert1325

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2006, 11:16 am »
Yes I did notice that,   It wan't perfect, but I liked the way they incorporated the detective thing with the school vibe.   The music was quite good to.