Review of P8 ?

STEF

Review of P8 ?
« on: 4 Sep 2006, 11:31 am »
I am looking for a review of P8. Already exist ?

Regards.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: Review of P8 ?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2006, 08:22 pm »
hello stef if you search the Internet for review of nuforce p-8 you get some info from dealers but not a full review, i can tell you that in my system coupled with the ref9se amps you could not do any better for a lot more cash which is as good as money, "yogi", if you can try to find someone in your area who would have you over for a audition, most reviews are done on complete systems, which you need to be very good to single out one component from another,   have a great labor day, mike :D

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2006, 10:30 am »
I have to go chase after the reviewers :).

daipat

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2006, 06:15 pm »
Any review published for p8?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2006, 10:26 am »
We have been too busy and P-8 was sort of ignored from marketing perspective. It is a very good preamp.
Hey, if you're not happy with P-8, 100% of the price can be applied toward trade in of P-9.

mmakshak

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2007, 06:05 pm »
  I guess I'm too slow for you guys.  I was going to give my impressions of your P-8.  My previous preamp (RGR 3) had developed a hum, so I borrowed a P-8 from Nuforce for the weekend.  It definitely needs breaking in-even though mine was a demo unit.  At the end of the weekend, we decided to buy it.  If you own Nuforce amps and need a preamp, you definitely need to hear the P-8.  It definitlely presented us with a dilemma.  It suprised us.  To us, it had a definite outlook on the music.  This is meant in a good way.  At the end of the weekend, we asked ourselves,  "can we beat this preamp for about the same money"?  The answer was no.  We might have been able to, maybe, use tubes, and beat it on a song, but that leads us to a strength of this preamp.  You will play the whole cd!  You won't play a cut here and a cut there.  The P-8 brought about the upgrade bug.  That is the only complaint I have.  We upgraded to 3 dedicated lines, put in by JsaWhitlock(an audiophile/electrician-see Audiogon).  We also put 3 Myrtle blocks with isonodes under the preamp.  Now, I have a cheap phono amp on order to tied me over until Nuforce does its phono.  Nuforce, will your phono fit in the P-8?  Besides the good mention of the P-8 for use in any system in the Absolute Sound/Sound and Vision, is the use of the P-8 as a reference preamp for a "Audiocircle" type format elsewhere.  If I remember the sound of the P-8 before the dedicated lines, it made the sound more like it was constructed from the same cloth, and it had tremendous separation of instruments.  The reason we complain about the speed of your product introductions, Nuforce, is that our ability to save the money to get them(i.e., the V-2) isn't quite as fast.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2007, 05:30 am »
Hey, don't worry, there is no expiration date for the upgrade (there is a time limit for trade in of 1 year, otherwise it is not fair).  Chase after the advancement if you can afford, otherwise, skip a whole generation :).  We need to keep things in perspective, V1 is still one of the best technology on the market today.  As we say in our V2 FAQ, we view ourselves as the #1 competitor.

P-8 is very good but we have to get P-9 out because without it, we won't be able to show off 9SE or all the new V2 products. 

mmakshak

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2007, 04:21 pm »
  I appreciate the fact that you guys even allow updates(I've already taken advantage of it.).  I wanted to spring for the P-9, but my brother wouldn't allow it.  It looks like I have a little less than a year to save for it-which is great.  I do want to point out to people that have no shot at a P-9, that the P-8 offers a match to your power amps that might be hard to achieve elsewhere.  If they are in the market for a preamp for your amps, I would suggest an audition.  When we asked ourselves if we could match what the P-8 did in our system, we thought it would be hard to do-with the possibility of making mistakes here.  Just from your response, Jason, I can tell that the P-9 is something special, so that is the direction I might go in(damn replacing my 1980's speakers) first.  I'de also like to point out that my desire to upgrade(i.e., dedicated lines) came about due to the high, and somewhat unexpected, quality of the P-8.  The P-8 is also an option for those in need of a preamp and don't have the funds for the P-9 right now(the trade-in program).  I thought outside of the Absolute Sound/Sound and Vision rave, there was too little press on the P-8.  BTW, the isolation scheme I mentioned with the P-8 did seem to limit the width of the stage in a way.  I still prefer it, but wonder what a little weight on your P-8(without the myrtle, etc.) would do.