Mirrormask

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Mirrormask
« on: 31 Aug 2006, 09:03 am »
I just watched this one DVD and I must say it was superb.  A wonderful story, almost like a Tim Burton take on Alice In Wonderland.  Great effects, good acting with a particularly wonderful job by Stepanie Leonidas as Helena/Anti-Helena.  This one's a must see on DVD. :)

R_burke

Re: Mirrormask
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2006, 02:35 pm »
I liked it, but then again I like a lot of weird things.  The visuals are really nice and there is a story that can be followed and understood   :thumb:

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2006, 07:11 pm »
While I was waiting in line for Superman Returns in IMAX on opening weekend I had this insanely crazy guy tell me that Mirrormask was the best movie ever and that I had to see it.

I kinda wrote him off as he was clearly not all there.

Maybe I'll give it a go someday though since Rob says it's worth a watch. Unless Rob's crazy like that guy was.

You're not crazy, are 'ya Rob? :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2006, 04:07 am »
While I was waiting in line for Superman Returns in IMAX on opening weekend I had this insanely crazy guy tell me that Mirrormask was the best movie ever and that I had to see it.

I kinda wrote him off as he was clearly not all there.

Maybe I'll give it a go someday though since Rob says it's worth a watch. Unless Rob's crazy like that guy was.

You're not crazy, are 'ya Rob? :lol:

If I was crazy do you think I'd tell everyone! :icon_twisted:  Actually, I'm perfectly sane.  Or so the voices keep telling me. :lol:

I would put Mirrormask in the top echelon of movies I've seen recently.  It's hard to say if you would; it's very quirky.  You'll either be spellbound by it our greatly annoyed.

Skynyrd

« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2006, 12:49 am »

My eight-year old girl and I really enjoyed Mirrormask.   Great movie, very surreal and IMO not as dark as Tim Burton's work.

"Milliions" has been a double-renter, as well.  Gotta love cigarette-smoking saints!

The kid can't stand the new Dr. Who stuff; too freaky!

Skynyrd