What products should Frank take to Rocky Mountain Audiofest?

Listens2tubes

What AVA equiptment will be the "Show-Stopper"?

My vote goes to :T8 , Ultimate70 bridged pair. :thumb:

warnerwh

Re: What products should Frank take to Rocky Mountain Audiofest?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2006, 07:49 am »
I'm very impressed with my Fetvalve 550 exr rev. 5. He should have a highly touted pure ss amp that costs 5-6 grand and do a comparo on his Salks.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2006, 11:52 am »
I'm very impressed with my Fetvalve 550 exr rev. 5. He should have a highly touted pure ss amp that costs 5-6 grand and do a comparo on his Salks.

Show conditions really aren't the best environment to do comparisons in.

I know last year that the Salk room while sounding pretty good, didn't come close to showing what the speakers are really capable of.

In terms of product, I would definitely like to hear whatever Frank thinks would be his best amplification on the Salk speakers.

George

PeteG

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2006, 03:01 pm »
I know last year that the Salk room while sounding pretty good, didn't come close to showing what the speakers are really capable of.

I agree, it’s great to see and hear all the toys but after awhile you realize you’re not
hearing the products full potential.

Pete

avahifi

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2006, 03:54 pm »
I plan on bringing Ultra and T8 preamps, a Fet Valve Ultra amplifier or two, at least one U70 tube amp (probably the pre-production prototype if finished production metal is not done in time), an Ultra DAC, and maybe a prototype OmegaStar integrated amplifier if Larry can put a good one together for me in time (Ultra SL chassis and controls, OmegaStar line preamp section, and OmegaStar 170EX amplifier sections). If that can't be done then we will have an OmegaStar preamp and amplifier there too.

We may be tri-amping Jim's Veracity HT3 speakers depending upon room conditions, but plan on having a second full range system running too, hopefully with a set of QWs or HT2s.

Frank Van Alstine

warnerwh

« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2006, 05:50 am »
That's a good point George.  I'm sure it's not easy to set up a system well in any room in a couple of days, at least that's been my experience. Comparing an amp made by someone else may cause some issues also unless it has been hidden somehow.

Even though there's alot more amps I've not heard than have I think this Fetvalve amp Frank has must be an unusual piece. It's characteristics are more pure to an almost subliminal extent. I've not experienced it before and I know two other people who described it to me before I got it and we're all in agreement.

Hope the show goes well for you Frank. 

mark funk

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:10 pm »
Where and when is this Rocky Mountain Audiofest? Can anyone go?

avahifi

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2006, 10:11 pm »
http://www.audiofest.net/

Frank Van Alstine

Listens2tubes

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2006, 02:51 am »
Ugh! I wish I could go :cry:

mark funk

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2006, 09:31 pm »
Thanks Frank, Hope to see you there