Any update on the candela?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Any update on the candela?
« on: 26 Aug 2006, 03:12 pm »
Klaus,

What's the current lead time?

Have you experimented with various tubes and could you provide a run down of how they sound?

Could you PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE update your website?  Having to search through hundreds of threads or taking time out of both our workdays to phone is too much!

rosconey,

What is your tube source?

Please outline how each tube sounds.

Anyone else care to provide their impressions?

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2006, 09:54 am by JLM »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Any update on the candela?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2006, 10:00 am »
Thankfully I got a PM from Rosconey, but I'll probably never be an Odyssey Audio customer as it's just too much work to climb the learning curve, making the stuff inaccessible.  I'm around A/C all the time, but can't imagine a newbie having to piece together snipets from years of post to gather what is going on.

I don't expect Klaus to spend time on the phone with each potential customer.  That would take too much of his time.  Time away from running the company and time that is not putting food on the table.  In fact that's why I don't try to call Klaus and the guys like him.  While I do treasure the opportunities to talk with them, it's almost always when they've come to a show or fest, or I have nuts and bolts business to discuss (that actually can be handled by their staff).

Updating the website would help tremendously.  Having an advocate to answer e-mails here and from his site would be another big help.

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2006, 11:31 am »
I agree about the web site.  It is a must for direct sales companies, IMO.  A half hour each day on this circle to field questions that others have not answered should not be out of the question.

Haoleb

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2006, 07:16 pm »
I emailed Klaus an offer to build a new website and update it when needed in exchange for some small credit twards a Stratos, Value decided by him. No response yet. I know it would be best to call him but I dont want to bother him with these things.

My idea was to have customers send me pictures and I could pick the best for the photo's and pretty much build the text areas of the website with whats on the web already. That was just my idea, It wouldnt be some super high tech flash into website but it would get the job done.

lazydays

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2006, 05:44 am »
Klaus,

What's the current lead time?

Have you experimented with various tubes and could you provide a run down of how they sound?

Could you PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE update your website?  Having to search through hundreds of threads or taking time out of both our workdays to phone is too much!

rosconey,

What is your tube source?

Please outline how each tube sounds.

Anyone else care to provide their impressions?

Thanks guys

I'll give you an extremely short update on my Candella: I have about eighteen hours on it now, and the soundstage is wider than the Quicksilver ever was. It's even faster now than the last time I posted. I finally got around to playing Rapsody In Blue (the RCA Red Seal version) yesterday. Very, Very nice. Female vocals are very lifelike. Imaging to die for. Upright bass maybe the best I've ever heard. Tenor sax is starting to come alive in a big way. Trumpet sounds as if I'm eight feet away from it, and very pronounced. But the one thing that caught me completely off guard was the way it did the vibes. Has the warmth of wood, and the transparency you can only get from being right in front of a live performance. Very open, and seems to fill the room with each hit.
gary

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2006, 10:32 am »
Those are some good words there, lazydays.  I can't wait to hear one.  Just a quick question, since it got faster does that mean you can listen to 3 cd's in the time it normally takes to listen to 2?  :)
Are you using the stock tubes?

lazydays

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2006, 05:37 pm »
Those are some good words there, lazydays.  I can't wait to hear one.  Just a quick question, since it got faster does that mean you can listen to 3 cd's in the time it normally takes to listen to 2?  :)
Are you using the stock tubes?

The preamp is exactly the way Klaus handed it to me.
     As for being faster, the system now seems to have more slam, and power. The image seems to be close and faster with little if anything rolled off. Guess I'm kinda lost for the right words here, but the only difference in the system is the new preamp. The amp is tubed at 40 watts, and still have not had the time to install the two mono blocs in that system.
gary