Hi from an Odyssey newbie

Wardsweb

Hi from an Odyssey newbie
« on: 25 Aug 2006, 04:04 am »
Hello all, I just received my Tempest and wired it into my living room system. It exceeded my expectations, is dead quiet and the phono section is supberb. Not to mention, the bass response is phenominal. My wife even noticed the difference. I'm sure you'll be seeing me around.

drphoto

Re: Hi from an Odyssey newbie
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2006, 04:11 am »
Welcome to the circles, and the Odyssey family. Nice pic you posted. That's a cool lookin' TT.

BobC

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:20 pm »
Welcome Wardsweb!

Same Wardsweb from the Martin Logan Owners forum I assume?

BTW, how do you like that Shanling CDP?

Regards,
Bob

Tirade

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:21 pm »
WW from AK?

Say it aint so!

Wardsweb

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:48 pm »
Welcome Wardsweb!

Same Wardsweb from the Martin Logan Owners forum I assume?

BTW, how do you like that Shanling CDP?

Regards,
Bob
One in the same. I do like the CDP a lot. I'm sure there are better out there, but bang for buck, this is the one for me.

Wardsweb

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:52 pm »
WW from AK?

Say it aint so!
Yeppers, it's me. I'm still true to Audiokarma, as I webmaster the place, but like to share this hobby passion called audio where ever I can. I'm everywhere. Last time I checked, I'm on 40 plus boards. Just do a yahoo or google search for wardsweb and you get page after page of me.

Tirade

« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:55 pm »
WW from AK?

Say it aint so!
Yeppers, it's me. I'm still true to Audiokarma, as I webmaster the place, but like to share this hobby passion called audio where ever I can. I'm everywhere. Last time I checked, I'm on 40 plus boards. Just do a yahoo or google search for wardsweb and you get page after page of me.

I figured it was you, I just hadnt seen you in forever and its good to see youre still kicking and still spinning the vinyl. Some things never change!

Welcome to AC :)

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2006, 05:39 pm »
Your system looks amazing... and surely it sounds even better than that...  congratulations

Tempest hasn´t catched press atention over the years as much as Stratos/Khartago but Tempest is indeed an excellent perfomer which delivers the same value and sound quality than Odyssey amplifiers.

mtodde

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2006, 08:02 pm »
Welcome!  I really like the contrast of the black knobs & silver faceplate on your Tempest!  Your system does look really cool.  What type of amplifier is on the left?

Wardsweb

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2006, 08:08 pm »
Welcome!  I really like the contrast of the black knobs & silver faceplate on your Tempest!  Your system does look really cool.  What type of amplifier is on the left?
That is one of two Shanling SP-80 mono blocks running Electro Harmonix 6CA7EH in place of the stock EL34 tubes.

Wardsweb

« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2006, 01:40 am »
Wow the more I use this thing, the more I like it. I rolled in a Teac X-1000R to do some taping and the Tempest works like a champ and makes it easy to monitor source or tape.

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 31 Aug 2006, 01:32 pm »
Hello Warsdweb,

Very impressive setup... I have seen your work in other circles  :thumb:

I rolled in a Teac X-1000R to do some taping and the Tempest works like a champ

I have the very same Teac X-1000R in silver...I will have to take it out of the box and connect back in my system after seeing your pictures...this model and the parallel X-2000R were the last two production reel to reel models that marked a pinnacle for Teac at the time as a state of the art units after many years of development and discontinued in the early 80's...by far the best "dual capstan, servo controlled, six heads, auto-reverse and many other features" reel to reel of that time...I replaced a Tandberg for this unit!

Welcome to the Odyssey circle...

Alex

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #12 on: 31 Aug 2006, 02:03 pm »
Wardsweb I need to tell you that your setup in Mexico made many guys fell in love with it...

Wardsweb

« Reply #13 on: 31 Aug 2006, 02:20 pm »
Wardsweb I need to tell you that your setup in Mexico made many guys fell in love with it...

Mucho gracias, mi amigo

TjMV3

« Reply #14 on: 31 Aug 2006, 04:27 pm »
Nice gear, Wardsweb! Sweeeeeeeeet!

Wonderful to see that you got a good Tempest!  The Tempest has taken a hit lately (for valid reasons) and it's great to see that Klaus fixed and straightened out the problems with the Tempest!!!!  Good job Klaus!

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #15 on: 31 Aug 2006, 07:35 pm »
Tempest is a wonderful product and the particular and isolated situations are no problem for me, the unit sounds incredible and it is a full featured preamplifer.

It should receive much more praise and recognition.

Wardsweb

« Reply #16 on: 1 Sep 2006, 02:57 am »
Eye Candy