World Trade Center

PhilNYC

World Trade Center
« on: 24 Aug 2006, 07:10 pm »
Anyone here see this?  I saw it a few days ago.  Probably shouldn't have.... :bawl:

Kenobi

Re: World Trade Center
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2006, 09:59 pm »
Not exactly what one would come to expect.  The story was told from too narrow a perspective and doesn't quite have the grand scale we all associate with this. 

Kenobi

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2006, 10:04 pm »
Not exactly what one would come to expect.  The story was told from too narrow a perspective and doesn't quite have the grand scale we all associate with this. 

Kenobi

I for one really appreciated the fact that this was not a "grand scale" movie...but moreso one that I could almost directly relate to as I tried to locate my wife in the hours after the buildings were hit (she worked downtown and was 4 blocks away when the first tower fell).  Admittedly, I think the title of this film is wrong, because "WTC" does convey a "grand scale" story...

pacifico

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2006, 11:30 pm »
My Dad also worked down there!!! Part of one of the planes landed on the corner of is job. I think it was the wheel. He saw things he would never want to see again. When the first building fell he was in a sanitation truck looking for cover and pulled someone in. When things calmed down he ran into a local bar where he was literally hosed off. The woman never left the truck. I flew over it on one of the first flights into New York City. I could see the smoke for at least an hour before I landed. That's about 500 miles away assuming the plane was cruising. I knew at least 3 people who died in those buildings. My grandfather forged some of the steel for those buildings. What he forged was the only thing left, the foundation. Sadly, he lived long enough to see it all come down.