Record Exchange

Blackmore

Record Exchange
« on: 17 Aug 2006, 03:36 pm »
Thought you guys would want to know what I found:  two pairs of Advent Loudspeakers (vinyl cabs.) My dream of stacked Advents may come true. :thumb:  A pair of Technics 4500 from the seventies. (my first upscale speaker...phase alignment...woo hoo!) and a pair of ALTEC studio monitors in a lowboy cabinet.  Looks like a 511 horn between two 414 12" or 416 15" in a
10 CU. FT. BOX  HUGE!!!!!

Deadfish, it's time to complete your Altec surround system.  These big boys in the front, the 19's in the rear and the Boleros as stacked center channel.  :lol:

If anyone's going to be out and about, I'm heading down to Record Exchange on Saturday afternoon about 1:00 for some Ian and Sylvia, Oscar Brand and Sarah Vaughn.

Scott F.

Re: Record Exchange
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2006, 09:01 pm »
You dog!

So did you pick up the Altecs too? If not, how much is he looking for out of them?

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2006, 09:49 pm »
Haven't bought anything yet, but the Advents may have to come home with me this weekend.  Don't know about the Altec price.  The Advents are $200 a pair, which is a little too high, but at least you can look them over and see if they work.  I'll check them out further on Saturday.  Like I need another pair of speakers in my front room.  :icon_twisted:

steve k

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2006, 09:58 pm »
You need to move downstairs. :green:

It's cooler too.
steve

mark@marktwain

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2006, 12:45 pm »
And it's already furnished :thumb: