TRT caps vs. Auricaps

ka7niq

• Roof Cleaning Tampa FL
Re: TRT caps vs. Auricaps
« Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2006, 06:09 pm »
Let me say, first of all, Brian builds some of the finest speakers on the planet. I love my 40s. No it wasnt love right off the bat. I almost sold em... twice. Thank god that didnt happen. The 40s have brought me kicking and screaming into the high end. When I recieved my 40s I was pre amping with a HK reciever so yes I have gone thru some equipment to get to where I am today. Whats the most amazing thing about the rm40s, they continue to improve, even after 4years I still havent found their limit.

My friend ka7 is the master of the half truth. If you want to see how bad it is, do a search on speaker asylum. Many many times he gives opinions on speakers that I know for a fact he has never heard. No Chris, I never claimed to be the greatest audiophile in the world, just know what I like when I hear it, thats all I claim. Our friends Kurt and Barry are audio friends from Sarasota. They both have Vandy 5a`s. I didnt care for Kurts system and he didnt care for mine so guess its safe to say we have different tastes. Thats what makes the world go around. It was over 2 years since Kurt and Barry`s visit. Something Chris forgot to mention. And its been 4 years since he heard Kevins sytem. I heard Kevins setup less than a month ago. BTW, Kevin is not only an audiophile and gentlemen, but quite the piano player and singer as well. He has a beautiul grand piano in his living room that he was most gracious to play for me.

Chris, Im sure when you get your new 15 y/o Adcom teamed with your HD 14awg zip cord it will be nervana at your house. An RM 40 with any XO is a world class speaker. Brian won best of show with what is now a standard XO. Im sure things get better as you move up the food chain but first you have to give what is one of the most revealing speakers in the world a good signal to work with. This is way before you need to worry about XO`s.

Chris, funny if you think mixing speaker wire is such a no no, how come people get away with biamping with SS and tubes. Pretty big difference there wouldnt you say. If you had more experience with the 40s you would know they can sound very different from wire to wire.

Fess up Chris, how many DAYS have you had your 40s even hooked up. I would guess less than two weeks total. Im ready any time to have Kevin over, but Im betting you arent.

I want to appoligize to Kevin and everyone else but I could only take so much BS.

Michael

My Son and I laughed our you know whats off Mike when you couldn't hear the blown Klipschorn Tweeter, LOL
A "world class audiophile" you are  .... NOT.
Seriously bro ... thats quite a handicap if you want to "compete" with me in the area of high end sound.
Fess up Mike before you come out here throwing stones, and remember you live in a glass house.

You claim you just couldn't "take" the "BS" anymore, as if it is YOUR "mission" in life to try and discredit me.

The reason you couldn't "take the BS" anymore is because you are SOO jealous of me.

I took you into my confidence and gave you a job, and you repay me by copying me, and opening your own business, in direct competition.
I happened to stupidly mention WHERE I was working, and the next thing I know, your business cards are all over the mailboxes!

You also neglect to mention that it was I who told you about the RM 40's in the first place!

You try and ridicule my "15 year old Adcom" yet drove your 40's with a 25 year old Audire "Pro Sound" amp!

Yes Mike, I said Pro Sound.
Julius does NOT like MosFets!

Your Audire was his "Pro Sound Version" and only used MosFets because the Pro Sound guys considered them more reliable!

You used my Ashly "Pro Sound Amp" when it was completely stock on your 40's, and that is still the very best I have ever heard the 40's sound .... at YOUR house.

Talk about BS Mike ....admit to the world that YOU used the very same Ashly FET 500 on your 40's, yet now you try and ridicule me for doing it.

Though you KNOW my main Pre Amp is broken, and being repaired, you try and ridicule me for using a Parasound pre amp, yet you used a freaking Harman Kardon Digital receiver as a pre amp for quite a while, LOL

Worse yet, you actually went and bought a QSC PRO SOUND amp .. remember ?

You keep alluding to the "fact" that I give opinions on speakers you "know" I have never heard, yet you constantly say that your friend Luke's stock 40's will blow everyones 40's away.

Did Luke play them for you over the phone Mike, because I know you haven't ever been to Oklahoma ?

So c'mon Mike ... admit you have severe hearing loss, and admit that you have commited the "sins" of using a pro sound amp too ?

I notice you just convieniently glossed over the blown Klipschorn Tweeter incident?

Remember when my son, me, and you went over to buy the used Klipschorns
I immediately said there is something wrong, that one speaker sounded diferent.
My Son heard it too, yet you siad it sounded fine to you!

Only when I made you put your ear right up to the tweeter could you tell it was blown, yet I heard it right away, from the middle of the room!

Sorry to burst your bubble Mike, but good hearing is a MUST for this hobby, if you, and your opinions, are ever going to be considered "world class".
Unfortunately, your hearing is gone, so why not come clean and admit it, since you are So not into "BS".

Somone asked me if I was "mad" that my friend would come out here and attack me in an email.

Me get Mad ....Not!
I actually find all this quite amusing, and it has provided hours of "free entertainment" for me.

They say imitation Mike is the sincerest form of flattery, and you have been trying to emulate me for the longest time.

My advice Bro is that your time might be better spent trying to compete with me in the Roof Cleaning business that I stupidly taught you,  never thinking that my best friend would wind up trying to steal food from my table.

But trying to compete with me and my TRT 40's in the area of high end sound is an effort doomed to failure and frustration.

Not only are you up against superior speakers then yours, but you are further handicapped by my years of experience, a better room, and your hearing loss.

The Jury has already spoken Mike ... Kurt, Barry, My Son, and I have all tried to bring you back to reality.

I guess you didn't learn the first time, and so desperate to "save face" you "challenge" me again, knowing full well what you are up against.

I like you Mike, but WHY do you do stupid things like copying your best friends method of making a living ?

Why on earth would you want to take on TRT 40's in a much better room, with just Auricapped 40's, in your room w/o furniture, high ceilings, sliding glass doors,  and tile floors ?

Because you "think" you have better equipment, wire, etc ?

Remember bro, I do not need a pre amp, I just might bridge the two Ashly's, and run straight into them w/o ANY preamp, JUST for you.

Or, I MAY passively Bi Amp with them, and place my tricked out one on top ?

I may use the Moscode 600 on top, and the big Adcom 585, OR bridge the Ashly's on the woofers ..
They DO have level controls ....
I MIGHT even use the JVC Digital amp up top too Mike ?
Do not forget, besides owning many pairs of speakers, I also own a lot of electronics stuff too!

Because you are my friend, may I make a suggestion ?
Why don't you come clean and just admit you could not hear the blown Klipschorn tweter Mike ?

That way, when you get your lunch handed to you trying to challenge TRT 40's with Auricapped ones, you can "save face" ?

You still have not gotten over the last listening session, when the jury all tried to tell you that you do not have a world class sound.

Any effort to challenge TRT 40's with Auricapped ones is doomed to failure Mike, I am TRYING to leave you a way out ...

Hey Man, it isn't your fault you got too close to the Fire Engine sirens for too long, but the damage is done.

ka7niq

• Roof Cleaning Tampa FL
« Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2006, 06:26 pm »
George your absoulutely right. Different gear in different rooms. I would assume (and yes I know what they say about assurming) in the same room on the same gear TRT`s would be the best 40 there is. That said, once in different rooms on different gear that equation goes out the window.

Chris, are you off your meds again? Jeez bro, give me your script and I will go get it for you. I asked you not two days ago to please NOT include me in your posts. There was/is too much deception and half truths for my taste. So then you start this whole thing. Your idea to turn off the subs is a prime example of this. My room being 4X to 5X larger than your room that seems a bit self serving. Thanks but I will tune things the way I choose as you should. Ten pairs of speakers tells me, your still searching. Your right, tough love is in order.

Michael

Gee .... talk about half truths ?
You have been bragging that the Sunfire has so much power that the 40's now have bass all by themselves.
I thought it only fair to compare speaker to speaker, since unlike you, i will not put an inferior speaker up against a better one.

Your subwoofer is better then mine, and I am not foolish enough to take it on.
A good subwoofer makes a BIG difference in overall sound!

I need to sell off some of my stuff to buy the big Talon ROC, or a pair of larger VMPS subs.

As you know, I simply do not have ANY room for more equipment here ...

I did NOT start anything Mike, YOU did.
You are way too sensitive, and think every post I make is aimed at you, in a negative way.
Have you ever considered that I am trying to teach you things that it has taken me 30 plus years to learn.

Because Kurt, Barry, My Son, and I try and be honest with you and tell you that you do not have a world class sound, you will no longer listen to us, even though we all have way more experience at this, as well as hearing that is not compromised.

Realizing that you have copped an attitude, and dismissed all of us, I do sometimes try and elicit others opinions, in an attempt to HOPE you might listen to them, and improve upon your un musical sound.

Again, you have convienently glossed over your inability to hear a blown Klipschorn tweeter, even when you were asked to listen for it by my son and I.

So ....what do you have to say about that ?

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #22 on: 19 Aug 2006, 06:29 pm »
OK guys, time to chill.