Stand mount decoupling

bgewaudio

Stand mount decoupling
« on: 14 Aug 2006, 04:22 pm »
Anybody know and effective way (DIY) to decouple a stand mount speaker from the floor?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Stand mount decoupling
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2006, 06:53 pm »
What are you trying to accomplish.  Normally, the idea is to strongly couple the stand from the floor.

Bryan

bgewaudio

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2006, 08:12 pm »
Not sure I understand.

I just want to know of any isolation tactics I could use between the speaker stand and the floor?

Any suggestions?

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2006, 09:21 pm »
You could use these for up to 42 lb.

http://www.brightstaraudio.com/prices1.htm

You need to be aware that allowing the speaker to flap back and forth as it would on such stand decouplers is not considered ideal by many, including me.

I have often wondered what the effect would be, however, of such an arrangement with a rigid coupling (like a broomstick or equivalent) to the wall/floor junction behind the speaker to provide for acoustic coupling from the floor for the downstairs neighbors and at the same time to provide a measure of the needed rigidity in space for the speaker itself

ssglx

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2006, 10:48 pm »
I use vibrapods under my Soliloquy 5.0 monitors with wonderful results. I was quite surprized but it brought out tremendous clarity (almost as effectively as the 0.2 AudioPoints that I tried) as well as giving a little boost to deep bass heft, punch and definition.

Chris