New Goldring Headphones in stock !

CIAudio

New Goldring Headphones in stock !
« on: 11 Aug 2006, 07:38 pm »
The new Goldring line of headphones are now in stock. They have gotta be the best value in cans since the Grado SR series.

Great sound, very comfortable, and have single-sided detachable cable with adapter.
These work great with our VHP•1
Three models from $69-$149 & FREE SHIPPING

BradJudy

Re: New Goldring Headphones in stock !
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2006, 09:29 pm »
Dusty,

Any comparison in sound style to other well known cans like the Grados, Senn 580/600/650, Beyer or AKG models?

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2006, 10:43 pm »
Sound and comfort is probably closest to Sennheisers but with stronger bass and a better cord design. I haven't heard any Beyers or AKG's in quite awhile so can't comment there.

BradJudy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2006, 02:11 am »
Thanks for your thoughts.  I started skimming through a huge thread on the DR150s over on head-fi - http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175044

The phones seem to be drawing more comparisons to Grados over there (but more mellow and more comfortable), although most of the people who have given their thoughts (in the few pages I have read) seem to own Grado SR-60/80, AudioTechnica 700/900 or AKGs.  While I used to own SR-80s and AT 900s, I haven't seen comparisons to phones I currently own: SR-225s and HD-600s. 

I see lots of comments about them being good rock headphones. 

I'm not looking to buy, but new headphone makes/models always peak my curiosity.  I still want to try some Beyer DT-880s and Ety ER-4s.  :)

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2006, 03:34 am »
The phones seem to be drawing more comparisons to Grados over there (but more mellow and more comfortable), although most of the people who have given their thoughts (in the few pages I have read) seem to own Grado SR-60/80, AudioTechnica 700/900 or AKGs.  While I used to own SR-80s and AT 900s, I haven't seen comparisons to phones I currently own: SR-225s and HD-600s. 

I see lots of comments about them being good rock headphones.

Maybe they've only compared them to Grado's, but in general the description more mellow and more comfortable is how I'd describe the Senn's or Goldrings. The comment regarding them being good Rock headphones is probably due to the good bass response  :P