RMAF?

BradJudy

RMAF?
« on: 10 Aug 2006, 08:36 pm »
Jim,

You posted a few months ago that you weren't planning on coming to the RMAF this year, but might reconsider as the date approached.  Are you still planning not to come?

jsalk

Re: RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2006, 08:52 pm »
BradJudy -

Jim,

You posted a few months ago that you weren't planning on coming to the RMAF this year, but might reconsider as the date approached.  Are you still planning not to come?

Just sent in my room payment yesterday.  Suite 1114.  See you there.

- Jim

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2006, 09:30 pm »
Cool - I look forward to seeing you and your work again. 

95bcwh

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2006, 10:28 pm »
Jim,
  What speakers/gears are you bringing to RMAF? Looking forward to meeting you. :thumb:

barry

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2006, 01:28 am »
Barry -

Jim,
  What speakers/gears are you bringing to RMAF? Looking forward to meeting you. :thumb:

barry

Don't know yet for certain.  I have some wood in transit and if everything works out, I will probably have some "Rock Mountain Special" HT3's.  What additional speakers I will bring is still up in the air.

Frank VanAlstine (Audio by VanAlstine) will also be there with some of his great gear.  So you can hear the combination first-hand.

- Jim

randybessinger

« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2006, 02:18 am »
Sounds great.  Jim,  I plan on attending as well and volunteer to help you unload. Just let me know when you plan on getting there and I will be there to help. I owe you for making the best speakers around.

randybessinger

« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2006, 02:27 am »
Oh yeah, one other thing, is there anything we can do to get Dennis Murphy there?  Dennis, what can we do to get you there?  You still govt-no bribes? :D

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2006, 01:16 pm »
Oh yeah, one other thing, is there anything we can do to get Dennis Murphy there?  Dennis, what can we do to get you there?  You still govt-no bribes? :D

Well, Jim already tried to bribe me not to come, but I'll be making my reservations this weekend.  I would sort of like to hear a a pair of these HT3 things. 

randybessinger

« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2006, 02:13 pm »
Dennis, that is great.  I hear those HT3 thingies are pretty good.  This will also give you a good opportunity to get the lay of the land with regards to what else is out there commecially.

95bcwh

« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2006, 02:40 pm »

Well, Jim already tried to bribe me not to come, but I'll be making my reservations this weekend.  I would sort of like to hear a a pair of these HT3 things. 

Huh.. interesting, how is it possible that you're the designer of the cross-over but you haven't heard the speakers?

randybessinger

« Reply #10 on: 11 Aug 2006, 03:45 pm »

Huh.. interesting, how is it possible that you're the designer of the cross-over but you haven't heard the speakers?

tongue in cheek :D

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 11 Aug 2006, 04:07 pm »

Nice to hear that you're coming. I'm sure the HT3 sounds better in stereo than mono  :lol:
See you in Denver.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2006, 06:07 pm »
Hi Rick We'll have to meet up.  What are you bringing to the table--a line source I presume?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
We will be there too.
« Reply #13 on: 11 Aug 2006, 08:18 pm »
Just to confirm that I will be at the RMAF sharing a display room with Jim Salk.  We will bring along enough electronics to tri-amp Jim's HT3s if necessary and more.

It should be fun experience, I am looking forward to it.

Frank Van Alstine

randybessinger

« Reply #14 on: 11 Aug 2006, 08:19 pm »
Sounds like it will be much fun :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #15 on: 11 Aug 2006, 09:03 pm »
It will be great to finally hear the AVA/Salk combo.

George