VSAC 2003

Wayne1

VSAC 2003
« on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:20 pm »
The Vacuum State of the Art conference and show will be held this year in Silvervale, WA October 3-5.

Details are here: http://www.vsac2003.com/

The BOLDER Cable Company will most likely be having a demo suite there.

I have received commitments from Chris Brady to provide a Teres TT and Jim Hagerman will be providing his Trumpet phono stage and step-up transformer. Room treatment will be by Eighth Nerve.

I will probably use the Radii preamp and I will be getting a pair of Radii 75 WPC, Class A, tube, mono-blocks to use at the show. The speakers will be the VMPS 626Rs and Larger sub that were used at the MAF. Maybe by then I will have gotten around to rewiring them with NITRO cable and added Bybees at the drivers. :roll: There will be plenty of Bybee inline adaptors and other toys to A/B.

This will be the first time I will attend this show, but it looks like a very good time.

I will encourage all the AC members to make plans to visit Washington State in October and stop by. They have really GREAT beer in Washington :beer:

bubba966

VSAC 2003
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:41 pm »
Finally a show up here!

Well Wayne, if you're going to be there, I guess I'll have to stop by. Will be good to put some faces to the names.

MaxCast

VSAC 2003
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:48 pm »
Sounds like fun.  Good luck at the show, Wayne.

That is a little to far for me to travel.  I encourage anyone close enough to check it out.  Wayne has a very nice set up with the gear he had at the MAF.  He does an excellent job at blending that sub with those 626's too!

Wayne1

VSAC 2003
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:55 pm »
Bubba,

I don't know if you would be able to hack it :wink:

Mostly analog and LOTS of tubes. Not a video display or multichannel system around. I will see if I can find some vinyl soundtracks for you :)

MaxCast,

You take care of that MENSA, I would like it back in one piece for the show :mrgreen:

JoshK

VSAC 2003
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2003, 02:39 pm »
I just might have to make a sudden trip home to visit the family!

bubba966

VSAC 2003
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2003, 11:31 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
Bubba,

I don't know if you would be able to hack it :wink:

Mostly analog and LOTS of tubes. Not a video display or multichannel system around. I will see if I can find some vinyl soundtracks for you :)

:lol: I guess everybody knows me fairly well around here... :wink:

Why would I care what the show is for? I don't recall saying I was going for the 2 channel experience...

I've certainly gone out of my way to check things out before that I was 100% interested in. Like the time when I took a 3 hour drive up to Canada to watch a movie (Atlantis) I didn't want to watch. But I wanted to see a movie run on a TI DLP. And that was the closest TI setup at the time. The movie sucked horribly. But was interesting to see DLP at the time, and the tour of the projection room was cool too. This'd be something like that. I wouldn't be there for the tubes, but the AC peeps. :mrgreen: :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't mind hearing the 626R's & the larger. Though it won't be setup in a way that I'd be terribly familiar with.

And I smell another AC get together coming along as well. It'd be cool to meet some other AC'ers (I've only met 1 so far). Wayne, I believe you'd mentioned that Seattle was "Beer Nirvana". So I could probably pick something up before heading out to liven up the Bolder booth a bit. :mrgreen:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
VSAC 2003
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2003, 01:00 am »
I'm going.

Wayne1

VSAC 2003
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2003, 11:01 pm »
As an added incentive to get more AC members to stop by the BOLDER Cable room, Chris Brady has graciously agreed to place the Teres 340 in our room :D

Wtih Jim Hagerman's Trumpet phono stage and S&B TX-103 based Step-up transformer

We will be getting some of the BEST sound possible out of vinyl!

Hot Damn! I really can't wait to hear what a $15K  :o  phono rig would sound like through the VMPS

and Radii gear.

davehg

• http://musicserver.blogspot.com
Ahh, you are killin me with that table..
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2003, 05:53 am »
Stunning. Makes me hate myself for dumping my vinyl years ago. Can't wait to see all the goodies in your room, Wayne. I look forward to meeting you too.

-Dave Green