Celestion Ditton 22

pianoguy

Celestion Ditton 22
« on: 10 Aug 2006, 01:04 am »
I've got a pair of Celestion Ditton 22's that I'm no longer using and after 26 years, I think I'm finally prepared to part with them.  The cabinets are a little scuffed but otherwise, they are in great condition.  I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question for this forum, but would anyone have an idea what they would reasonably be worth after all these years? 
A part of me really hates to let them go as I've really enjoyed these little "bookshelf" speakers over the years.  They were a part of the first system that I ever owned, paired up with a NAD 3020 amp and a Dual CS506 turntable.  Unfortunately, these latter two components did not whether the years quite as well...
Anyway, if anyone has a feel for the Celestion's worth, let me know.
Thanks.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Celestion Ditton 22
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2006, 04:15 am »
With Google....Found a site that has a used pair for sale....list was updated July 20, '06...no condition or age listed. Here's the site.. its a store in London.......good luck.

pianoguy

Re: Celestion Ditton 22
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2006, 03:41 pm »
Thanks Lonewolf:

I saw this site as well when I was looking for their value.  I thought it was a tad high, though.  If my calculations are correct 175 GBP is roughly $375 CAD.  I think I only paid around $500 back in 1980.  I imagine they are in pristine condition.