RMAF

seadogs1

RMAF
« on: 4 Aug 2006, 01:08 pm »
Will Nuforce or any of your dealers be exhibiting at the 2006 RMAF?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2006, 09:17 pm »
Yes. Since there are more than one Nuforce dealers exhibiting at RMAF, we're coordinating with them. New speaker S-9 and preamp P-9 will be shown at RMAF.

S-9 for September production is practically sold out but we will of at least one pair for RMAF show.

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2006, 10:39 pm »
S-9 for September production is practically sold out but we will of at least one pair for RMAF show.

Great News.
Can't wait to see and hear them.

Pete

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2006, 01:13 am »
and preamp P-9 will be shown at RMAF.
OK the p-9 is going to be playing at rmaf, i guess it will be paired with ref 9 SE, give us details,  :D

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2006, 06:37 am »
Sorry, we do have a stunning photo of the P-9 but not going to show yet. We don't want P-9 to steal the thunder from S-9.  P-9 won't be shipping until end of October (the earliest).
75% of MSRP of P-8 can be applied to P-9 for trade in so go buy P-8  :)

We are still tweeking the look of P-9.  Learning from our past mistake of rushing product to market, we're taking it very slowly. P-9 will go through another 6 weeks of private review and tweeking (he he he, we are going to make sure it outperforms some of the best preamps before releasing it).  We have pushed the limit on performance. People will see how we push the limit on industrial design and artistic presentation. Ok, now the disappointing news. Very pretty thing is never going to be cheap.

stingfan

« Reply #5 on: 7 Aug 2006, 04:18 pm »

We are still tweeking the look of P-9.  Learning from our past mistake of rushing product to market, we're taking it very slowly.

Hopefully it retains a matching (and distinctive) form factor to the Ref 9 family.  What is so nice about the P-8 is that it really blends seamlessly with the amps.  I don't like having a hodge-podge of product form factors in an ultra hi-fi system. CIAudio is another good example of excellent build quality, unique design, and consistent form factor across the family of products.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug 2006, 08:09 am »
We intend to share the fundamental technology throughout all the high end products.
The current Reference series are designed for world class 2 channel as well as home theater system.  See the upgrade policy on our website.  Amp board and power supply can be upgraded.  New additions to the family will retain the same form factor so that you can still mount all of them in a horizontal stack with mounting brackets.

The P-9 (1st version) is radically different from other Ref series amp. It will be so stylish that it can be displayed in the living room of a multi-million $ home (but still affordable). The look can also be customized to the extend that it is one of the kind in the world. To keep up with our reputation, the sound quality and technology will be world class.

Eventually, we'll have something for everybody from a few hundred $ to $50,000 products  :wink:

stingfan

« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2006, 04:11 am »
Ahhh...Interesting.  So it sounds like you are describing TWO new products here...upgrades for the P-8, and describing the P-9 as something new altogether.  As a senior product marketing executive myself, let me explain:  If the P-9 is entirely different from all existing Ref products, then it should probably be named something different, starting with a number other than 9.  P-9 would imply to most that it is a product that goes with the Ref 9, and it would further suggest that the P-8 is made to match your Ref 8 series amps.  Naming is very important to consider very carefully, it directly affects sales and revenues. 

I've been responsible for product branding and positioning projects that have swung revenue by as much as $10m (in the positive direction thankfully) but I've seen product naming swing it even further in the negative direction at other companies (e.g. certain Microsoft products)

I'm excited about the P-9, don't get me wrong!  However, in my multi-million dollar home, I still much prefer a clean well thought through industrial design consistency across my audiophile products, and particularly those components that come from the same "line" and same company. [ That's why you'll never see Avantgarde's in my minimalist modern living space. Not to say I'd compromise sound quality for looks.  Quite the contrary.  That precious real estate in my home is reserved for Zu's ]

A company's unique industrial design often becomes your brand.  This is true of many successful hi-fi and tech companies, as well as almost any product business.  Form doesn't follow function in great products, it becomes an integral component to achieving the best functionality and performance, and thus the best product.  Rock on Nuforce.  Lovin' my 9.02's (and my P-8!) beyond measure.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2006, 06:33 am »
Agree.  Very good point. We don't claim to know everything and love to get feedback. I will send you a photo of P-9 to get some comment as we're still tweaking the design. Oh well, P-9 will be previewed at Hong Kong audio show from 8/11 to 8/14 so I am sure by next week it will appear on some website somewhere. You can consider P-9 as a product code name for now. We serve customers all over the world and boy, can't please everyone fast enough :). P-9 was conceived to be the giant preamp killer (P-8 is a serious challenger) to match Ref 9SE.  Some people love our clean and rack friendly Ref series look but some wanted to show off their amps in the middle of the room. So we'll cater to both type of customers.

mmakshak

« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2006, 03:05 pm »
  Will the P-9 have phono?  How about not-pretty for less(I know this is not possible.)?