Kevin Haskins @ DIYcable XLR to RCA adaptor cable

edman

Kevin Haskins @ DIYcable XLR to RCA adaptor cable
« on: 4 Aug 2006, 03:44 am »
Kevin is absolutely the best custom cable maker on the planet.
He made me an XLR to RCA adaptor cable and I couldn't be happier.
It looks and performs way too good to be on the backside of my equipment.
A job well done Kevin......thanks, Ed

klh

Re: Kevin Haskins @ DIYcable XLR to RCA adaptor cable
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2006, 04:43 am »
How much did that cost? I have one I made... but I think it's crap :(. The cable goes between the sub out on my integrated amp and into the prosound amp that drives my IB sub. I may spring for one if the price is right :D.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2006, 03:41 pm »
Kevin is absolutely the best custom cable maker on the planet.

Ed.... you jest!     I'm probably only in the top ten.   :lol:

Glad they are working out for you.   Do you have any ground loop noise? 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2006, 03:44 pm »
How much did that cost? I have one I made... but I think it's crap :(. The cable goes between the sub out on my integrated amp and into the prosound amp that drives my IB sub. I may spring for one if the price is right :D.

We have a kit..... it starts at $35 for 0.5M pair using the same cable that I built for Ed.    It is ideal for longer runs because the cable doesn't cost that much per linear foot, it is high quality stuff, has low capacitance and great shielding and you can terminate it with the Exodus XLR on one end and the Cardas RCA on the opposite.

Read the assembly notes:

http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/Canare.pdf

klh

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2006, 06:43 pm »
Great! I'll be in touch when I finalize my gear. Famous last words :lol:.

edman

« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2006, 07:06 pm »
Kevin,
The silence is deafening.....NO ground loop hum at all........ :)
Modesty and honesty in the audio world.....Kevin, you are the clubhouse leader......and, did I mention GREAT CABLES !!   

klh

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2006, 10:19 pm »
Kevin...

I just orderd the Behringer DSP1124p to EQ my subwoofer. Now I need to get a cable that goes between my integrated amp (LFE out) and the BFD (XLR or 1/4 in) as well as one that goes between the BFD (XLR out) and my Samson S700 amp (XLR in). Is there any sonic difference between the 1/4 plug vs XLR? Before I order, I need to sort out a few things... in particular I don't know which ends of which cables will need male and female XLR plugs. If anyone knows please tell me.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:08 pm »
Kevin...

I just orderd the Behringer DSP1124p to EQ my subwoofer. Now I need to get a cable that goes between my integrated amp (LFE out) and the BFD (XLR or 1/4 in) as well as one that goes between the BFD (XLR out) and my Samson S700 amp (XLR in). Is there any sonic difference between the 1/4 plug vs XLR? Before I order, I need to sort out a few things... in particular I don't know which ends of which cables will need male and female XLR plugs. If anyone knows please tell me.

First, I'd wait until you get the equipment and then diagram out what you need to build.    It is easy to get confused and sitting down with all the equipment in one place helps.   

Second, I'd use the XLRs if I had them.   You are less likely to have ground loop problems with the proper balanced connection.

klh

« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:05 pm »
Kevin... I'm 99% sure I'll need one male RCA to Male XLR cable and one female XLR to female XLR cable (each 6' long). But, I'll take your advice and wait to order until I receive the BFD in the mail. In the meantime, please PM me a price quote.