Le Amp II Options

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Le Amp II Options
« on: 10 Jun 2003, 03:12 am »
I don't want to get ahead of myself, since the amps aren't even shipping yet :wink: , but would it be practical to offer faceplates of various finishes/colors (like Odyssey does with the Stratos?).  If the face is user removable, it seems like you could offer different faces at a reasonable price fairly profitably.  They wouldn't be super expensive to manufacture or that bad to ship.

At the price I'd take the LAII in pink if I had to! :lol:   Still you could probably make almost everyone happy with, say, Black, Silver and maybe one other color.  Even just black or silver would fit most systems.

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
Le Amp II Options
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2003, 04:46 pm »
I wanted to make the faceplates slate. There are only a few colors that you can keep consistant when you anodize.  Black and Sillver are two of them. With a stereo amp, it doesn't matter if the colors are a bit off from one unit to another. With a monoblock, it is important that all match.

We might do black in the future. I don't know how much work it is to change the faceplate. Le Amp had the LED siliconed to the faceplate. I don't know how the screen (display) is connected.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Le Amp II Options
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2003, 04:54 pm »
Thanks, Micheal.  I was just thinking out loud anyway.  The face it has looks great to me.  But if a swap is doable it would make the unit even more appealing to a wider audience.  

Can't wait to here mine. :D