HT6....my final speakers?

kevb

HT6....my final speakers?
« on: 30 Jul 2006, 01:00 am »
I'm just posting to send a big public thank you to Al.  I ordered the final pair of HT6's - the price was great and I bought them on the spur of the moment. 

I was expecting a good sounding speaker to perhaps use in my second or 3rd system, but what I got was way beyond what I could have ever imagined - especially for the price I paid.  They are the best sounding speakers I have had the pleasure of listening to, and I've had more than 50 pairs of speakers in my listening room in the last 8 years ranging in price from $200 - $8,000.  I truly believe in synergy and matching, and think that I have just hit on a sound that is tailored to my listening preferences and current equipment to a "T".  Wi+th these in my modest sized listening room, I have no need for a sub! (unless I pick up Al's sub eventually :D).

Just want to say thanks to Al, and to tell all of you who have not had a chance to hear this unassuming 2-way that you have no idea what you are missing.  The only caveat I have to say with these is that they do need a fair amount of high quality power.....if you underpower these you will not hear what these amazing speakers are capable of.

Thanks again Al for a wonderful speaker!

Kevin

RAW

Re: HT6....my final speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2006, 04:31 pm »
 :thumb:
Glad you are happy with the HT6 (no lonnger available)

This was a speaker that was over looked greatly due to the fact it has the Extremis as the mid driver in the MT design.
A lot of people had comments of the lack of mid the Extremis did not have, well that is very correct.
But when you cross the driver down lower than 99% of the public does in the DIY world you get out of this hollow point in the midrange the Extremis has when you use a lower crossover point.

Glad you are happy with them and enjoy the deal  aa