AVA WEB SITE UPDATED (FINALLY) !!!

avahifi

AVA WEB SITE UPDATED (FINALLY) !!!
« on: 29 Jul 2006, 08:26 pm »
At long last I have had the time and energy (health improving a whole bunch) to do major upgrades to the AVA web site. (www.avahifi.com).

There are still a few new photos to be posted, and some minor errors with corections in progress, but for the most part all the new products and prices are shown there now.

I would appreciate your visit and any comments or feedback about typos, bad links, or whatever you find wrong with it.

MAKE SURE YOU "REFRESH" your web browser with each AVA page you visit or it might bring up old pages you have stored (and don't even know it) rather than the new pages.

Thank you.

Frank Van Alstine

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: AVA WEB SITE UPDATED (FINALLY) !!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2006, 09:50 pm »
Pretty easy and straight forward navigation Frank.

Good job.

George

rlee8394

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2006, 01:56 am »
Frank,
Preamplifier Comparison Grid page:
http://www.avahifi.com/root/equipment/preamplifier/comparison_grid.htm
has the photos for the OmegaStar units linked to the Ultra Series products. Also found that the OmegaStar SL description states it is available in both factory-wired or kit:
http://www.avahifi.com/root/equipment/preamplifier/omegastar_preamp.htm
"OmegaStar SL (straight-line) Preamplifier factory-wired or kit"

Will let you know if I find anything else. Right now I am waiting for Digi-Key and Mouser to deliver parts to retrofit my two Super 70i units to Ultra 70 status. Also ordered two new power trannies from Triode Electronics based on your findings. I intend on bridging them with my Fet-Valve phase inverter to drive B&W 801SP loudspeakers. Source equipment is AVA Omega IV DAC, AVA Fet-Valve SL Preamp (1993), (also have a Super PAS III). Looks like I probably will go for the new T-8 w/phono as soon as I sell the FV unit. Will post back on how I like the new U70's.

eico1

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2006, 03:01 am »
What not up the resolution of the photos, fonts, and graphics? Some are rather choppy looking.

Otherwise, I like the colors and layout fine.

steve

avahifi

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2006, 01:01 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the bad links, etc., info to fix has been sent to my web guy.

Resolution issues? Which photos specifically?  Text resolution?  Where?

Thanks

Frank

eico1

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2006, 01:13 pm »
All the gifs on the main page, including the main logo ava_logo_white.gif. I see jagged edges, they at least need to be dithered when they are re-sized...:)

steve

modular747

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2006, 03:13 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the bad links, etc., info to fix has been sent to my web guy.

Resolution issues? Which photos specifically?  Text resolution?  Where?

Thanks

Frank

I don't see any change or problems with the graphics resolution.  I did find another page which needs updating.  Clicking the stacked components picture on the first page goes to a "products" page. This shows the current preamp lineup but all the other equipment listed is the old generation.  The individual links end up pointing to the correct product (i.e. FET Valve EXR -> Ultra power amp, Transcendence R DAC goes to Ultra DAC etc.).

avahifi

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2006, 04:09 pm »
Whoops, your are correct, overlooked this one, will fix immediately.

Thank you.

Frank Van Alstine

mca

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2006, 06:54 pm »
The text at the top of the page that says "Audio by Van Alstine" is a little blocky as are the pics just under. This would seem to be the most important part of the page as it's the first thing you see. If things were a little smoother, it would give the site a more professional look.

It's not a big deal, and the rest of the site looks good. It's just the first thing I noticed when I looked at the page.

avahifi

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2006, 08:08 pm »
I am working on fixing this.

Thanks

Frank

guest1632

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2006, 11:57 am »
At long last I have had the time and energy (health improving a whole bunch) to do major upgrades to the AVA web site. (www.avahifi.com).

There are still a few new photos to be posted, and some minor errors with corections in progress, but for the most part all the new products and prices are shown there now.

I would appreciate your visit and any comments or feedback about typos, bad links, or whatever you find wrong with it.

MAKE SURE YOU "REFRESH" your web browser with each AVA page you visit or it might bring up old pages you have stored (and don't even know it) rather than the new pages.

Thank you.

Frank Van Alstine
Hi Frank,

Let see, 2 mispells in the Trans 8 On the Ultra dacks, you have an upper case L, and as a suggestion, you might want to post the prices form the amps like you do on the preamps. Didn't see the prices listed.  Also, is the ultimate 70 now available as a stand alone unit, and not just  a kit yet? So far, looks to be perfectly accessible by any ScreenReader. Thanks.

Ray Bronk

brj

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2006, 12:39 pm »
The new site is looking pretty good, Frank.

Another few suggestions...

• Make sure you have the gain values listed for each component
  • For amps, make sure you list the R value associated with the output power (Ultra amps don't specify that I found)

avahifi

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jul 2006, 02:28 pm »
Thanks Ray, but can you be a bit more specific as to where the mis-spellings and the "upper case L" are.

Frank

rlee8394

« Reply #13 on: 31 Jul 2006, 11:39 pm »
Frank,
The SL Wired OmegaStar Preamp is linked properly. The EC Wired OmegaStar photo still links to the EC Ultra Preamp.

avahifi

« Reply #14 on: 5 Aug 2006, 11:58 am »
I think we have all the bugs fixed now, and a couple new photos of the "insides" of the Ultra SL and Transcendence Eight preamp are posted at their pages.

Any more fixes needed?  You help is appreciated.

A couple more nice used pieces are available too now, (Fet Valve 350EX amp and Transcendence Seven SL preamp).

Frank Van Alstine

guest1632

« Reply #15 on: 7 Aug 2006, 06:06 pm »
Thanks Ray, but can you be a bit more specific as to where the mis-spellings and the "upper case L" are.

FrankHi Frank,

Looks like the 2 mispells you fixed.
Here's the other stuff.:

OmegaStar 260EX

Hybrid-buffered active feedback amplifiers with the best solid-state musicality we have ever done!

New for '2004:' (a bit dated?)All OmegaStar series power amplifiers are now shipping with a new, high-speed EX output stage similar to that used in the Fet Valve amplifiers.

D-to-A Converters
list of 2 items
• ULtra DAC (there it is)
• OmegaStar

Circuits: OmegaStar DAC

Chassis: SF

Breaththrough engineering(shouldn't that be Breakthrough)

On your preamps, Could you explain a bit on the tone controls. Are they shelved at the extremes, or do they vary as you turn the knob, and a few specs on them would be good. Thanks for your time Frank. So far, that's all I have seen.
Regards,
Ray

Listens2tubes

« Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2006, 01:15 am »
So is Inside AVA #2 in the pipeline? I have been anticipating the T8 article since the teaser in #1.

EclecticSeeker

• Archetypical aging audiophile...
« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2006, 04:54 pm »
Just a couple comments/suggestions about the site - for what they may be worth:

The link to the Adobe price list under "Price List - Equipment Upgrades" isn't designated as a link very well - making it a button or some such would help.

Also - under "About AVA" just a few words of history would probably be appreciated.  I think that interested browsers/buyers would like to know just a bit about how AVA started as Jensen's Stereo Shop and so on - nothing lengthy, of course.

Just thoughts...