MENSA Plus Audition pack ON THE WAY!!

byteme

« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2003, 05:09 pm »
Max, hopefully we'll keep it in the midwest and you'll send it my way next!!  I'm interested to hear it against the Tubedac and give the bybee's a try!!

Wayne1

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2003, 06:49 pm »
MaxCast should get the pack sometime today. According to the tracking report, it is on the truck for delivery!

After MaxCast is done the pack goes to New Orleans. The rest of its trip is NY, WI, DE, TX, OH, PA, and finally MA.

byteme

« Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2003, 07:10 pm »
Well, I guess we know now who it's going to in WI don't we!!  Thanks Wayne!

duff138

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2003, 01:38 am »
If I can get settle in time into my new place I'll try to sign up and maybe get it after the MA audition.  I'm in NH so it would not have to travel far.

Wayne1

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2003, 02:58 am »
duff,

Someone else has signed up for the audition pack so it will be headed off to CA after MA.

Hey MaxCast!

The package was delivered to you at 3:45 this afternoon. No comments yet? :nono:

I can only guess you are so enthralled with the sound of your system now that you are speechless :lol:

MaxCast

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2003, 03:33 am »
Got it!  I've been playing around for a couple hours now.  I sure hope the drool dries before the guy in NO gets all this stuff.

Just one quick question.  Which is the Type 1 and Type 2 power cable?   One is Brown, thiner and stiff.  The black one is thicker and more flexible.

Okay, I thought of another.  What do the knobs on the DIO do?  I have not touched those yet.

Wayne1

« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2003, 05:46 am »
Glad everything arrived in good shape.

The Type 1 cable is the more flexible one :)

The knobs don't do anything. They were for the A/D section which was disabled during the mod.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2003, 05:51 am »
So the black PC is type 1 and the brown PC  type 2 , correct? :?

Wayne1

« Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2003, 01:19 pm »
Actually they are both covered in a black techflex. The Type 2 cable's outer cover is red Teflon. The Techflex covering it is black with a few white threads running through. I suppose at a quick glance the red under the slightly open weave black MIGHT look brown :?

The Type 1 has thicker insulation, is far more flexible and uses a standard Black Marinco Male connector.

The Type 2 is VERY stiff, all the insulation is Teflon and uses the Marinco Hospital Grade Male connector. I no longer use the clear IEC. It is now Black

The NITRO PC is all Teflon insulation and covered in white Techflex with
black threads and uses the Furutech Rhodium Plated connectors.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2003, 07:16 pm »
hey wayne,

any way it can stay on the east coast, before going to ca from ma?  i'd surely like to compare this to my self-modded di/o, especially w/all the power supply and cabling goodies...

thanks,

doug s. in md

Wayne1

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jun 2003, 08:41 pm »
Doug,

That all depends if the party in CA is willing to wait another couple of weeks to get it.

Right now I have 11 people signed up. That puts the latest audition in September. I think I am going to cut it off at 12 so I can get the Audition pack back for VSAC and to make sure everything still works the way it should. I have noticed in the auditions I have participated in, the gear does get shaken up a bit travelling around the country.

After the show in October, I will offer the audition pack again.

So whoever places their "order" for the audition pack next will be the last until the next round in October.

Wayne1

« Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2003, 10:29 pm »
Sorry Doug,

There are now 12 folks signed up for the MENSA + Audition pack.

I have removed the pack from the website.

It will be back for another round in mid-late October.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #32 on: 14 Jun 2003, 01:39 am »
Hey Wayne, Would it be to much trouble to get together another audition pack to send around(supply and demand)-and when the auditions are over a used sale(should be an easy sale) ? What are your thoughts on that ?

Wayne1

« Reply #33 on: 14 Jun 2003, 03:03 am »
I am afraid it would not be possible. It takes at least 600 hours to break in a MENSA Plus DI/O. It will take about 6-8 weeks to get cables Cryo treated at this point in time.

I am rather busy filling orders and trying to develop more new products.

I am also going to try to spend some time with my family this summer.

I would suggest that folks who are getting the Audition pack get in touch with local audiogeeks to share the experience.

That is usually what we do here in Denver.

Juan R

« Reply #34 on: 14 Jun 2003, 03:30 pm »
Wayne, when you said 600hrs. of break in, is with in and out connected or only turning  the artdio on. I may order one depend of my audition(I am next). but because I have a tube preamp, keep it on  mean decreasing tube life, and the telefunken are kind of expensive.

Brad

« Reply #35 on: 14 Jun 2003, 03:59 pm »
I think Wayne has extended himself pretty far with sending out the audition kit.      :beer:  

Let's be thankful we have such good, communicative, interested vendors here.   :D

Wayne1

« Reply #36 on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:03 pm »
Juan,

Thr transport need to be playing something into the MENSA. The preamp does not need to be on, but the MENSA does want to have constant signal going into it for around 600 hours.

My CAL Delta has been on constant repeat for at least 6 months straight, now. What with breaking in one piece or another.

I would suggest the Stereophile break-in track or something like that to play into the DI/O for break-in

JackStraw

« Reply #37 on: 18 Jun 2003, 07:47 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
MaxCast should get the pack sometime today. According to the tracking report, it is on the truck for delivery!

After MaxCast is done the pack goes to New Orleans. The rest of its trip is NY, WI, DE, TX, OH, PA, and finally MA.

If the DE person sends me a PM, I'd love to buddy up and check this out, including a comparison to my DAC.

Wayne1

« Reply #38 on: 28 Jun 2003, 03:43 pm »
Juan R has finished with the Audition pack and now it will be on the way to lonewolfny42.

If there are some other folks in the NYC metro area who wish to listen to the pack, I suggest you get in touch with lonewolfny42 and see if all of you can hook up.

JoshK

« Reply #39 on: 28 Jun 2003, 05:29 pm »
Hey if the pack does come this way to NYC metro, let me know for sure as I want in.  I could even host it with my system.

Josh