6 Moon's Review War Audio 'Dianne's'

Rocket

6 Moon's Review War Audio 'Dianne's'
« on: 21 Jul 2006, 12:22 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just read the review on 6 moons and thought you might be interested in it as i have mentioned this company many times over the years.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/waraudio/dianne.html

Regards

Rod

Double Ugly

Re: 6 Moon's Review War Audio 'Dianne's'
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2006, 04:59 pm »
Thanks for the link, Rod.

As you know, WAR Audio has intrigued me for quite a while.  It's good to finally get a sense of what they're about and how their products perform.

Regards,

-Jim

PS - Hope the recovery is going well.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2006, 05:09 pm »
Frankly, "pleasantly truthful" and "will fit your bill" are not the kinds of over the top recommendations that sixmoons reviews are known for.  This review has kind words to say, but nothing special, IMO.  Surprising cuz   sixmoons is usually tepid or torrid.

Double Ugly

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2006, 06:45 pm »
Frankly, "pleasantly truthful" and "will fit your bill" are not the kinds of over the top recommendations that sixmoons reviews are known for.  This review has kind words to say, but nothing special, IMO.  Surprising cuz   sixmoons is usually tepid or torrid.

True, but it's the first real review I've seen for a WAR Audio product, and I was happy to have a few questions answered in the course of reading the review.  Not that I put a great deal of stock in reviews - professional or otherwise - but it is a data point.

In this case, it seems the reviewer expected more from a two-way monitor with a starting point price of $6500.   Can't say I blame him, assuming what he wrote is reasonably accurate.

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2006, 02:18 am »
Hi,

I actually thought the review was a little underwhelming as well.  I've heard that particular speaker a number of times at War Audio and really liked it.  I'm definitely not saying that his speakers are the best in the world but for the price i haven't seen speakers which use these quality components and are hand tweaked for many hours.  No two speakers are they same as pat continually tries to improve each one he builds.

I believe that wilson audio uses a modified focal tweeter and although i have never heard that particular one i have heard the focal tdx90/120 combination many times.  The raven is far superior in my opinion, although it does have a tendency to beam as many ribbon tweeters do.

Anyway at least you know a little more about the company now.

Regards

Rod