Now this is a plasma screen I wouldn't mind in my house...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Here is the press release for the 103 inch plasma from Panny:

Panasonic TH-103PZ600U 103-Inch Plasma     
Wednesday, 19 July 2006

Panasonic U.S.A.  today announced pricing and availability of it's 103-inch diagonal High Definition Plasma TV -- the world's largest. The TH-103PZ600U with 1080p capability will have an SRP of U.S. $69,999.95 and is expected to be available for delivery in time for Christmas 2006. It will also offer a three-year in-home limited warranty.

The company says the TH-103PZ600U provides stunning widescreen progressive display featuring full HD pixel resolution of 1,920 horizontal x 1,080 vertical, a contrast ratio of 4,000:1, and 4,096 equivalent steps of gradation. Its effective display area is more than 89.3" wide by over 50.2" high. The super- size 103" 1080p panel is equivalent in size to four 50-inch plasma displays.

The Panasonic TH-103PZ600U will be built to order and is expected to be available from select high-end electronics retailers in December. The 103-inch will also require professional installation due to its weight and size.

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Now this is a plasma screen I wouldn't mind in my house...
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2006, 01:18 pm »
 Boy, that's a lot of coin for video viewing. While I have not been too involved in video, is it really that much better than a high quality projector? Say in the $20k range? (honest question).
 By the way, I wouldn't want that hanging on the ceiling over my bed :nono:
 I really need to get out more.

Levi

Re: Now this is a plasma screen I wouldn't mind in my house...
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2006, 02:12 pm »
Yes.  Very nice huge plasma. 

As a reminder, PJ requires controlled lighting specially during the day.  Probably PJs are great  in the basement and Plasma in the living room.  That's the only difference.  This maybe for another topic.