Positioning my IB1's

canucks0

Positioning my IB1's
« on: 19 Jul 2006, 09:03 pm »
I have a 14 X 16' room with 8.5' ceilings. Along one of the 16' walls there is a 9' opening to the dining room. The system and speakers are set up along the 14' wall. The left IB1 has the opening to the dining room beside it. Can any of you folks help me with optimal positioning of the IB1's and how close the back of the cabinet can be to the back and side wall in a room this size with this configuration. Furthermore, how far apart and how much toe-in? Thanks. Dave

jethro

Re: Positioning my IB1's
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2006, 09:16 pm »

bgewaudio

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2006, 03:40 pm »
What seems to be the problem with the current possition?

bgewaudio

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2006, 03:51 pm »
There are general rules for speaker position, as a guide, but with audio there are so many variables, (room, type of speaker, etc),it's hard to execute something that's worked for many people and expect great results.  Every environment is different so every configuration will be different.

bgewaudio

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2006, 04:11 pm »
I guess to clarify my initial question, what is it that you wish to add or subtract (sonically speaking)?

KUB3

« Reply #5 on: 7 Aug 2006, 08:12 am »
That's a small room for those. My IB2 were 1m from all walls. Even then it was too close to get the best from the bass tightness. You may well need some foam bass traps in the corners behind the speakers. I've done this and it makes a big difference on low end tightness. It's still going to be a large speaker in a small room, no matter how you slice it.

(I'm now out of the lounge in a smaller music room, so I went to smaller AML1's to better suit the room. The bass is now perfect in here and the active nature reaps clarity benefits too).

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 7 Aug 2006, 08:34 am »
I have a 14 X 16' room with 8.5' ceilings. Along one of the 16' walls there is a 9' opening to the dining room. The system and speakers are set up along the 14' wall. The left IB1 has the opening to the dining room beside it. Can any of you folks help me with optimal positioning of the IB1's and how close the back of the cabinet can be to the back and side wall in a room this size with this configuration. Furthermore, how far apart and how much toe-in? Thanks. Dave
-------------------------------------------
Please view this as a guide, you've setup your spks correctly-along the 14' wall, set them at least 2m apart to get good stereo imaging and soundstage,how close to the back wall will depend on your choice
and convenience if you get alot of bass move them a little forward if possible

regards