Anyone use Cobalt Cable with AVA gear?

Toka

Anyone use Cobalt Cable with AVA gear?
« on: 19 Jul 2006, 08:05 pm »
Looking for opinions on Cobalt Cables...not looking to start yet another cable firestorm, though.  :wink:

The reason I ask here is because Cobalt seems to have much in common with AVA in that they do direct sales, made-to-order, with no BS or foofoo dust. Good prices, 90-day return policy, and a lifetime guarantee (this one is important to me...if the cat chews them up in 3 years I could send them back for replacement, no questions asked).

And for the spec-fiends, they do quite well there too...speaker wires rate inductance at .10 uH/ft, and the interconnects rate capacitance at 17 pF/ft. Also like their 'locking' bananas and RCA's. Anyway, if you have an opinion, please share! They have good reviews posted on their site (duh), but they seemed to be mostly from home theater-type concerns. Was looking at these or Paul Speltz Anti-Cables. And no, I have no affiliation/personal interest in these (or any) products.

http://www.cobaltcable.com/

Parnelli777

Re: Anyone use Cobalt Cable with AVA gear?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2006, 11:41 pm »
Can't speak to Cobalt, but I'll recommend Blue Jeans Cable. Excellent, they are a Belden Certified Assembler, and their products are ridiculously inexpensive.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

TjMV3

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2006, 04:34 pm »
I use Cobalt Cables all around (Power cords, interconnects and speaker cables).  But I don't have any AVA equipment,  yet.

All I can tell you is that the Cobalt Cables work flawlessly.  My main system sounds wonderful.  They have a strong build quality and ........................ they look really cool :green:

I'm considering the T8 Pre Amp and 350exr or 550exr for a second system.  I see no reason to not continue using the Cobalt Cables.

Thebiker

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2006, 05:25 pm »
I can't speak to AVA gear, but I have been using Cobalt speaker cables with one of my 2 channel tube systems for about 2 years..  I have been happy with the customer service and build quality of their product.  Sound quality has been very good.

Recently, I priced another set of Cobalts for my main rig, needed an 8 ft pair and found that their pricing had gone up a bit.  I ended up purchasing an 8 ft pair of Kimber 8TC for @$40 more for the pair.  The Kimber blows the Cobalt away, at least on my system...more detail, cleaner highs and clearer vocals.
I took the trouble to take the Kimbers out and put the Cobalt in just to be sure I was really hearing that much difference, I was.

The main system uses a Manley Stingray with JM Lab 816s.

EclecticSeeker

• Archetypical aging audiophile...
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2006, 07:27 pm »
I'm considering the T8 Pre Amp and 350exr or 550exr for a second system. 

TjMV3:  Those would be fine choices for a 2nd system - excellent.  But if you don't mind my asking - since you don't have AVA gear yet - what amp & preamp do you use for your primary system?  I am happy as can be with my AVA Ultra amp & preamp...

TjMV3

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2006, 08:03 pm »
Quote from: EclecticSeeker
TjMV3:  Those would be fine choices for a 2nd system - excellent.  But if you don't mind my asking - since you don't have AVA gear yet - what amp & preamp do you use for your primary system?  I am happy as can be with my AVA Ultra amp & preamp...

I don't mind.

Sources:

Vicent S6 Hybrid CDP

Rega Apollo CDP

Integra DPS 10.5 Univerasal Disc Player

Pre Amp :  Vincent SA-T1 Hybrid Pre Amp

Amplifier  Butler Audio TDB2250

Speakers  Wharfedale Opus 2

Cobalt Cables ......all around.