Zero

Stone Image Audio - Rothschilde A2 monitors
« on: 19 Jul 2006, 06:55 am »
removed by me (zero) in favor of upcoming review by me (zero). hehe
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2006, 06:55 am by A6M-ZERO »

Russell Dawkins

Re: Stone Image Audio - Rothschilde A2 monitors
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2006, 07:22 am »
Always interested in hearing of a worthy new contender.

I wonder how it would sound with a great amplifier.

I think it is useful to know what amplifier was used in the voicing of a speaker.

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2006, 07:53 am »
Mr. Dawkins,

With luck, Jimmy will join the thread and give more information in regards to the Rothschilde A2 and the equipment used.

The A2 is open and transparent enough to be whatever you would like it to be. I am the type of person that much prefers the sound of a solid class A zero feedback transistor or tube amplifier when given the choice. Thats what tickles my fancy.

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2006, 10:13 am »
Great review.    He is only 1.5 hours away from me and  I've always wondered about these speakers.  I've seen his ads on Audiogon and have been tempted by the b-stocks you see once and awhile.

Maybe he will start an audition tour  :wink:

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2006, 12:03 pm »
I agree w/ Rich...great write-up.

Any chance you could add a pic or two of your speakers to your gallery, ZERO?  I can't get your linked picture to load this morning.

Thanks.

-Jim

Zero

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2006, 10:36 pm »
I decided to take the time to slightly modify my user-gallery -  please check it out for better pictures;

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=782

Hogg

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2006, 12:46 am »
I too own the Rotchschilde A2's.  I bought mine last year from JimmyR.   They are great little monitors.  They were voiced with SETs so be careful in partnering with sand amps.  I took them to a NY Audio Rave last November and everyone who heard them liked the sound.  I have a Rave at my home this Saturday and will give the New York crew another chance to listen to them.  Now physics being such as it is, they will not make up for sq inches of driver or cabinet volume.  My Tannoy DCC's and Veracity QW's are better in some areas but the Rothschilde's images as well as any speaker I've heard.

Jimmy R has tow new speakers out.  One is the Frog, a single-driver affair.  The other, a floor-stander,  I haven't seen but is due this month.

Jim