AC conditioner/filter for LCD panel recommendation?

SET Man

AC conditioner/filter for LCD panel recommendation?
« on: 16 Jul 2006, 01:25 am »
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a decent AC conditioner/filter for LCD TV. Wonder if you guys have any recommendation. This will also use with cable box and DVD recorder.

Idealy I would love to have a PS Audio P300 PowerPlant for this but since I'm not a HT guy so I don't want to spend that much... and the other thing is that the P300 itself will add to the cost of the electricity bill. :(

Anyway, with that said.... I was checking around and found that Monster Cable make 2 conditioners for flat panel TV http://www.monstercable.com/power/lineFSPower.asp Especially designed for panel TVs? Hmmm.... what so specially about it? :scratch:

The 500 seem to fit my need but honestly I'm not a big fan of Monster Cable... I used to back when I first got in to audio :D So, it there any other I should consider? Keep in mind that I don't want to spend lots of money on this thing. Thanks.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Levi

Re: AC conditioner/filter for LCD panel recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2006, 02:07 am »
Try Richard Gray 400s.  The lowest I see them goes for $300 at agon.  It depends how large the LCD screen, you may need two RGPC. 

I have tried MonsterCable and currently use their Automatic voltage stabilizer AVS 2000 and they are picture perfect.  The one that really makes a big difference in picture quality are the one that are on the top of the echelon.

Regular Cable Broadcast looks stunning!

Goodluck.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2006, 02:19 am by Levi »

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2006, 02:20 am »
Try Richard Gray 400s.  The lowest I see them goes for $300 at agon.  Goodluck.

Levi,

Thanks man. Long time no see! :D

Richard Gray... Hmmm... maybe I could make my own. :wink: I think RG stuffs are just to expensive for what they are... sorry. Let's not get into RG stuff. :D

I think I just need a decent filter that will do a good job in filtering out high fq noise since video equipments are operating at a higher frequncy.

I was thinking... Maybe I will just get a bunch of ferrite beads and isolation tranny of eBay to make my own cheapie AC filter. That should work.... I think. :D

Take care,

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2006, 02:23 am »

Goodluck.

Hey!

Holy! Is that your new Panel TV? :o What is that? 42"?

Now your room look more spacious. And without the old big bulky TV the sound should be a bit better too. Niceeeeee! :D

Take care,

Levi

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2006, 02:51 am »
Yes and thank you. 

It is a 50" Plasma :wink:.  I have an AVS 2000 voltage stabilizer as the backbone for video, two Richard Gray 400s piggy back each other and a Chang Lightspeed CLS HT 1000 for the final filtering (not shown in picture).  The end result is not subtle. 

You can probably get significant results with just one RGPC 400s and work your way up if it is not enough.

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2006, 02:55 am »
It looks like the main selling point of the Monster models you have highlighted is their compact size.

If you can live with a bigger box check out the Monster Refernce Home Theater Series. In particular I think you can get the HTS3500II for under $150.

Also consider products from BrickWall, Zero Surge, and PowerVar.

SET Man

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2006, 02:22 am »
Hey!

Thanks for the comments guys! :D

But it seem like I'm going to settle for a Monster this time. Well, like I said I'm not a HT guy so I don't want to spend lots of money on this. So, the Monster seem to fit the bill. I'm going to use it for cheap LCD TV here anyway... not like Levi's 50" panel! :o

Doublej, the 3500 looks pretty good. I might go for that. I see lots of them on eBay for $150... hope there is nothing worng with them :scratch:

I will wait a few weeks before I get one. Meanwhile I will look around for a good price :wink:

Take care,

mcrespo71

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2006, 02:25 am »
Hey!

But it seem like I'm going to settle for a Monster this time. Well, like I said I'm not a HT guy so I don't want to spend lots of money on this. So, the Monster seem to fit the bill. I'm going to use it for cheap LCD TV here anyway... not like Levi's 50" panel! :o

Doublej, the 3500 looks pretty good. I might go for that. I see lots of them on eBay for $150... hope there is nothing worng with them :scratch:

I will wait a few weeks before I get one. Meanwhile I will look around for a good price :wink:

Take care,

I have one and it works good for my TV and cable.  It also has good surge supression, as I've used it during several black outs and lightning storms and none of my gear got fried.

Michael

SET Man

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2006, 02:37 am »
Hey!

Take care,

I have one and it works good for my TV and cable.  It also has good surge supression, as I've used it during several black outs and lightning storms and none of my gear got fried.

Michael

Hey!

Michael, thanks for your input. So, I guess if it works for you it will work for me too :lol:

Hmmm... maybe I should get one tonight off eBay. Hey! isn't what the credit cards are for? :lol: Than again I think I should wait a bit.... just spended $150 on CDs and concert DVDs 2 night ago on amazon.com. :lol:

Thanks again guys.

Take care,

mjosef

Tripplite
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2006, 04:30 am »
Check out the HTPowerBar10...available for around under $100. in downtown NYC.
Hell, they offer $500,000. insurance on any connected equipment. :D

bgewaudio

« Reply #10 on: 2 Aug 2006, 01:36 pm »
Also, check out furman AC 15, small AC power filter/surge protector.  The benefits of going with a furman AC power conditioner is that their MOV's are designed to redirect the excessive voltage to the ground wire, not to blow an internal fuse, so it's basically maintenance free.

No downtime

No service calls

No damaged equipment

Also they have been in the professional market for over 30 years, so they've had lots of experience.

ps: If you wanted something a little better, they have a IT REF 7, intended for the use w/tv and projectors that also offer Symetrically Balanced AC power, which makes a huge difference.

Good Luck