Buying RWA from the UK

byron

Buying RWA from the UK
« on: 13 Jul 2006, 04:35 pm »
I`m considering placing an order with Vinnie but would like any info on VAT, customs charges etc that need to be factored in to the total cost. My only previous experience of buying from USA was through a dealer who took care of this. Can anybody give a steer on this ? Many thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Buying RWA from the UK
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2006, 02:42 am »
I`m considering placing an order with Vinnie but would like any info on VAT, customs charges etc that need to be factored in to the total cost. My only previous experience of buying from USA was through a dealer who took care of this. Can anybody give a steer on this ? Many thanks.

Hi byron,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

I apologize for missing your post. 

Please email me (vinnie@redwineaudio.com) privately and I will try my best to answer all your questions. 

Thanks,

studley

Re: Buying RWA from the UK
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2006, 09:58 pm »
Byron

This is how it works.  You first have to pay import duty (of about 4% on amplifiers) on the delivered value of the amp (ie  including the cost of shipping and any insurance). You then have to pay import VAT at 17.5%  on the duty inclusive value.  In practice this means you end up paying aprox 23% on top of the delivered value.  The shipping company will also probably charge you a small admin fee for dealing with the Customs clearance.

I'll PM you more about this as there is a bit more to say.

Regards
Ian
(Resident of the West Riding of Yorkshire).