VPC-2 Passive Controller with ICE tech amps

Chris@SGP

VPC-2 Passive Controller with ICE tech amps
« on: 13 Jul 2006, 12:42 am »
Does anyone have experience using the VPC-2 with ICE technology amps. What are the considerations when matching these amps with the VPC-2.

For example the new Rowland 102 amps have the following:
Input impendence - 40k Ohms
Overall Gain - 27db
Load impedence range - 3 to 16 ohms

http://www.jeffrowland.com/M102.htm

CIAudio

Re: VPC-2 Passive Controller with ICE tech amps
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2006, 03:14 am »
Does anyone have experience using the VPC-2 with ICE technology amps. What are the considerations when matching these amps with the VPC-2.

For example the new Rowland 102 amps have the following:
Input impendence - 40k Ohms
Overall Gain - 27db
Load impedence range - 3 to 16 ohms

It really depends on your source...it needs to be able to drive the 10k potentiometer combined with the input impedance of your amplifier. Our amplifiers use a 100k input and is usually fine with any source. With 40k, you'll want a source with a low output impedance (<600 ohms).

Chris@SGP

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2006, 03:40 am »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am thinking of using the VDA-2 (with VAC 1 power supply) with a Pioneer DVD player as the source. Would this work?

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2006, 04:34 am »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am thinking of using the VDA-2 (with VAC 1 power supply) with a Pioneer DVD player as the source. Would this work?

Should work fine.

Chris@SGP

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2006, 02:30 pm »
Has anyone recommendation as far as mass market DVD players are concerned (e.g. Denon, Marnatz and Pioneer). I am not too particularly concerned about getting the highest video quality however I would like to get a DVD player with a very good transport. The top of the range DVD player from Pioneer can cost up to 2 times the cost of the average player but the question is the transport that much better.