Flood Pictures

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Flood Pictures
« on: 5 Jul 2006, 02:23 pm »
Now that our website is back up and running, I was able to get a few pictures posted. Here is a link to the early sequence of events as they unfolded. Unfortunately, I was not able to stick around and get pictures of the store during the worse of things but these pictures tell a gruesome story.
Be sure to read the captions to understand the pictures.

http://www.responseaudio.com/floodpics.htm

Charles Calkins

Re: Flood Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2006, 03:16 pm »
Bill:
 That's a WOW!!! set of pictures. Sure hope you and yours get throught this okay.
 Is this called a 100 year flood?

Cheers
                            Charlie

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2006, 03:52 pm »

Boy I hope so. If this happens again any time soon, I'm moving to higher ground.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2006, 04:35 pm »
 A few more pictures of the area.

The blue that you see in the picture below that looks like a roof is a roof. This is one of the houses that got washed down the river.

nathanm

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2006, 05:28 pm »
See, you shouldn't have pissed off the Ents by turning their friends into speaker cabinets!  :P Sorry to hear about the damage, Bill.  I experienced a flood like that a number of years ago and it was no fun.  Probably not as severe, but nevertheless inflicted plenty 'o wreckage.  No one was killed AFAIK.  But man, when Mother Nature wants to have her way with you she will!

If anything "positive" can be said about such things it's that it can bring out the best qualities in human nature.  Everyone feels a little more connected because they all went through the same calamity.  People you never met before will help you out.  And perhaps it gives people a good reason to throw out a lot of junk from their home which might not otherwise been tossed! heh!  And comparatively, it could've been worse.   I saw a show about the 2004 tsunami and it was just mind blowing.  One story was where a village of a thousand people were wiped out leaving ONE survivor.  Can you imagine that?  I can't conceive of what that must be like.  Makes having to pump out one's basement seem pretty tame!

Nick B

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2006, 11:12 pm »

Boy I hope so. If this happens again any time soon, I'm moving to higher ground.

The same terrible flooding occurred here in St George UT a year and a half ago. Supposedly a once in 50/100 year occurrence. Hope you do well in the recovery
Best Wishes
Nick

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2006, 04:56 am »
Bill....How's the cleanup coming along up there ?
Chris

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2006, 08:20 pm »
  Hi all,
 Things are starting to come along nicely. I am in fact done with teh clean-up and just getting back to the work benches. There are dehumidifiers and several fans running to help in moisture control.

The rest of the area is not doing quite as well. Many homes now have to be torn down with no insurance for the owners.

It will be some time before things get back to normal but I can say it has made for a much toghter community.

I want to thank everybody for their concerns and offers to help. There are still a lot of good people out there.