LCD Vs. Plasma debate

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« on: 3 Jul 2006, 12:06 am »
Hi guys, why i think lcds now are better simple, improved quality, and this trend will continue no
doudt, of course is up to the person involved to buy what they like, display technologies abound
from personal experience i wouldnt buy plasma though the picture qulity of lcd is crystal clear there
are some low quality lcd around that do have some lugging when it come to fast picture action but
these are low quality

HD-LCD is the best video technology at present way way better than anything else i wouldnt buy
a plasma no way, lcd man lcd

cheers
ps take a look at some SHARP-HD-LCD panasonic-plasmas seem to have lost the plot they havepicture quality equal to crt-ntsc from 1950s

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2006, 12:27 am »
hahaha I go at electrical stores and look at the picture resolution of plasma's it seems to be half that of LCDs
i dont understand why people would still buy plasmas "they brakedown alot" plus "they consume alot
of electricity" plus "owners start complain after a while" plus etc

lcd man lcd, have you seen a good lcd lately????

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2006, 12:36 am »
levi:
Panasonic Model: TH-50PX60U with extended warranty.  $2,999.99 is a good buy correct? 
-------------------------------------------
too late to change your mind now, just say youve bought an ntsc set with extended warranty
i see at my local store good quality 42" lcds selling for --$1999 aud/1200 usd-- and you get picture quality
panasonic cant match period

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2006, 12:48 am »
levi:
Panasonic Model: TH-50PX60U with extended warranty.  $2,999.99 is a good buy correct? 
-------------------------------------------
too late to change your mind now, just say youve bought an ntsc set with extended warranty
i see at my local store good quality 42" lcds selling for --$1999 aud/1200 usd-- and you get picture quality
panasonic cant match period

Unless you have totally different products in Australia, there is no $1200 or even $2000 LCD that competes picture wise with the Panny.

Having just been in Australia, I seriously doubt anything at $2000AUD is competitive with the Panny regardless of the technology.  From what I could tell electronics are significantly more expensive in Australia than the US for the same gear (even with the currency conversion).

The Panny is an HD set (1,366 x 768) with HDMI (digital).

Can you please provide brand and model of the LCD you are talking about so we can try and better understand?

George

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2006, 01:00 am »
look i live in a big city and prices have fallen and you can find a good 32-42" lcd selling between
1999-2999 aud "sharp excluded the best" that have picture quality no plasma can match and are
HDTV ready, when you say products are cheaper in us i dont understand what you mean australia
is closer to asia and so cheap here is logical, specifics i am sorry i cant talk about ive only looked
at prices and picture quality, more more lcds is the trend here now, plasmas are not pushed as they
used to and are cheap compared to lcds and dificult to sell

lcd man lcd, generally speaking

PhilNYC

LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jul 2006, 01:02 am »
hahaha I go at electrical stores and look at the picture resolution of plasma's it seems to be half that of LCDs
i dont understand why people would still buy plasmas "they brakedown alot" plus "they consume alot
of electricity" plus "owners start complain after a while" plus etc

lcd man lcd, have you seen a good lcd lately????

An HD plasma and HD LCD have exactly the same resolution.   Maybe you were watching a non-HD source on the plasma and an HD source on the LCD?

Also, I have not seen a 50" LCD available on the market today.  Is there one?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2006, 01:05 am »
look i live in a big city and prices have fallen and you can find a good 32-42" lcd selling between
1999-2999 aud "sharp excluded the best" that have picture quality no plasma can match and are
HDTV ready, when you say products are cheaper in us i dont understand what you mean australia
is closer to asia and so cheap here is logical, specifics i am sorry i cant talk about ive only looked
at prices and picture quality, more more lcds is the trend here now, plasmas are not pushed as they

I was in Sydney when I was window shopping and doing price comparisons.  I didn't find a single piece of electronics that was cheaper in Sydney than the US.  In fact, many items were as much as 50% more expensive in Sydney than US!!

I agree with Phil, sounds like you are comparing a non-HD image to an HD image.

George

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
Re: LCD Vs. Plasma debate
« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2006, 06:19 am »
whatever

HD is best viewed in LCD we have hd-lcd-projectors but we dont have plasma-projectors guess why
low deffinition plasmas hehehe btw who started this thread i didnt hehehe mods whatever :lol:  :icon_lol: :lol:

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jul 2006, 06:42 am »
 :o :duel: :violin:
 :o :weights:
 :o :dance:
 :o :bomb:
 :o :singing:
 :violin: :drums: :guitar:

mca

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jul 2006, 04:42 pm »
First you bash my post, now you are bashing plasma owners. You are an odd man, mr. snuffalupagous  :scratch:

F-100

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jul 2006, 04:51 pm »
Mr. snuffalupagous,
  What ya had been smoking? Must be some good stuff there. :icon_lol:
I have a 50" Panny plasma and a 32" Phillips LCD for over 2 years now and I take the Panny plasma anyday over the LCD. 

95bcwh

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jul 2006, 04:58 pm »

Perhaps the plasma TV being sold in Australia is simply not up to par with that sold in the US...

I'm not surprised at George experience. US is the heaven for luxury goods... cars.. electronics.. computers...speakers + other audio gears. When it comes to branded stuff, there're few other countries selling cheaper than what you can get in the US. Most companies rolled out their product much quicker in the US than in other countries.

The only exception to the above is... can you guess what gadget the US is falling so far behind the rest of the world??

Answer: cellphone...