Assessment of damages

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Assessment of damages
« on: 2 Jul 2006, 02:13 pm »

Now that the water has receded, we were able to start checking the damage. We did loose our entire downstairs shop where all the woodwork was done along with all the shop tools. Table saws, routers, sanders, supplies, etc. were all under at least 6 feet of water. Most of our real wood veneers and hardwood stock were also lost.

There is also a downstairs storeroom where I stored all the shipping boxes and containers for products customers send in for modification or service work as well as for all the demp pieces in the showroom. I was able to save about half of these boxes. The waters simply came in faster than I could get everything out.

For those who have any amplifiers or other product in for mod work at this time, please contact me for details and updated progress. There are going to be some obvious delays in finishing these pieces. I will have to custom order and/or build new shipping containers for most of these products as well. The out side of my building now has a pile about 30 feet long and 5 feet high of "stuff" from the lower level. Due to contaimination, all this garbage will have to be burned.

Again, please contact if you have any product at Response Audio you are concerned about. I have slowly been able to start contacting people myself.

I want to take this time to thank everyone here at the circle for their most generous offerings to come in to help with the clean-up and the posted of the flood sale on the main page. We have always known the people here at the Circle have some of the kindest hearts and in situations like this, their kind hearts often get overlooked. Thank you all so much.

rosconey

Re: Assessment of damages
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2006, 02:52 pm »
not to be a prick-
but at least when you get done you will have more space for new toys:lol:

real shame about the company pool being closed :roll:

might want to have a talk with the town about how much water to use next time they want to clean the streets :scratch:

gotta feel like a tropical vacation with all this heat and humidity on top of all the wet stuff-well maybe a working vacation :wink:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2006, 01:29 am »
but at least when you get done you will have more space for new toys

That's correct. I spent the day washing the floors and walls down with bleach. I could only spend about 15 minutes at a time down there due to the odor and burning eyes. With no electric, no fans.

I just drove around for the past few hours looking for a NYSEG truck (New York State Electric and Gas) and finally found someone from the electric department (lots of "gas" trucks). They come over to check things out at the shop and told me they wouldn't be able to turn it back on because they were residential and were not authorized to turn on such large service panels. I assured them they were not leaving till juice was flowing. As of 9:15 tonight I HAVE ELECTRIC!!!

Tomorrow I can start sucking up some of the wet spots with the shop vac, run a few dehumidifiers and lots of fans. My central air unit was under water as well as my furnace so no air conditioning :cry: It's hot as hell here now with the humity higher than we have ever seen it. We are getting some serious storms popping up which only adds to the frustration as flash floods have been a great concern.

I will have some awsome pictures as soon as I have time to download them. Some are amazing while others will make you cry. I have a few pictures that show neighborhoods that have all the house belongings stacked 8 feet high in front yards and goes on for miles.

With all the help around the neighborhood, I expect to be back to normal within 30 days. Being the primary income for the family, things will be tight for a while but hey, that which does not kill us, makes us stronger. We will survive.

Frihed90

I hope you have flood insurance
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2006, 07:05 am »
It was a river that overflowed?  Or a storm sewer?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2006, 08:51 pm »
Well, it was a creek, sewage back-up and the Susquehanna River that hit us from 3 different directions.