What happens if my iModded iPod breaks?

debrey

What happens if my iModded iPod breaks?
« on: 30 Jun 2006, 09:32 pm »
I am very tempted by the iMod, but I'm worried about the iPod's reliability.

My wife has an iPod photo and it has had to be sent in twice in a year.  I can only assuming getting an iMod voids the warranty.  Does the iMod itself come with a warranty (whether informal or formal)?  If not (or if it is expired), can we send the iPod in to Vinnie to get fixed?

-- David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: What happens if my iModded iPod breaks?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2006, 11:53 pm »
I am very tempted by the iMod, but I'm worried about the iPod's reliability.

My wife has an iPod photo and it has had to be sent in twice in a year.  I can only assuming getting an iMod voids the warranty.  Does the iMod itself come with a warranty (whether informal or formal)?  If not (or if it is expired), can we send the iPod in to Vinnie to get fixed?

-- David

Hi David,

Welcome to audiocircle and thanks for your post!

If your modded iPod ever has a problem, I highly recommend you send it to me.  I warranty my modification work for 1 year (parts and labor), but let's say the problem is something that has nothing to do the mod, such as:

-- The LCD screen dies
-- The battery dies
-- The hard drive dies

If you send me your iPod and pay for the replacement part (and shipping your iPod to and from RWA), I will repair it for you at no cost.  So if you need a battery, I can help you locate a battery to purchase online.  Purchase the part and ship it to me and ship me your iPod.  I will repair it and ship it back to you.

Luckily, I'd say 99% of the iPods that I have modded are out there and having no problems  :thumb:

Best regards,

debrey

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2006, 11:57 pm »
That's wonderful.  Thanks a lot.  I'm going to post your reply on the head-fi forums, since some people were asking the very same question.

-- David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2006, 01:40 am »
That's wonderful.  Thanks a lot.  I'm going to post your reply on the head-fi forums, since some people were asking the very same question.

-- David

Hi David,

Great...please do!

Thanks,

Vinnie