I need a SHOVE. . .

pjchappy

I need a SHOVE. . .
« on: 4 Jun 2003, 11:42 pm »
Well,

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about upgrading my Paradox 1s to 626s w/ Auricap, FST, Soundcoat. . .

I am going to use the last bit of my loan money to purchase these (student loan). . .currently, I am studying for the Bar, and I need SOME entertainment  :?

Anyways, SOMEONE give me a push. . . .

Does anyone have a clue how much I could get for a pair of GR Research P1s?

Thanks!

p

nature boy

I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2003, 11:46 pm »
SHOVE, it's a great speaker and you can't go wrong with a Big B product.  Time to take the plunge and be sure to get some good speaker stands.  Perfect for late night listening studies after you get back from the law library racks.

NB

Brad

I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2003, 12:58 am »
What don't you like about the Paradox 1s?

Why not spend some money on music instead?  
(Whoops, I'm pushing in the wrong direction
 :roll: )

Mad DOg

I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2003, 01:59 am »
why not enjoy what you have currently? sounds like you don't have alot of disposable income seeing as you'll be spending borrowed money for this upgrade...you can always upgrade after you're done w/ school and are making the big bucks as a big shot lawyer...

fredgarvin

buy baby buy
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2003, 02:16 am »
Those vmps ribbons are definately worth the investment. The P1 has been heavily promoted at a.asylum and I am sure you could sell them easily. Take it from someone who knows...buy the ribbons they cannot be beaten at their price point, provided high resolving sound is  your cup of tea. If you prefer warm, rolled -off sound (as many do), look elsewhere. If floorstanding is your preferance, the RM1 is about the same price and has more bass. The transparency is worth the money...repeat as needed.

John Casler

I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2003, 03:55 am »
.currently, I am studying for the Bar, and I need SOME entertainment  

Hey P,

Far be it my job to discourage you.  Save all your soda cans and bottles, sell the GRs and never look back.

Although much of life is ahead of you.  These are the "Halcyon Days".  These are the days you'll look back on and remember how the incredible Music, lifted your spirits and made the hard work all worth it.

These speakers will also give you a taste of the future, since after passing the bar, (and paying off the student loans) you might just have the resources, to move into something bigger like the RM40s

I remember my first stereo system and "yes", I purchased it in college.  The music of the day helped shape what I'm doing for fun now.

In fact I had a little company on the side, called "Sound Investments" and sold people "dorm stereos" to finance, my own growing addiction.

(Sounds much like today)

Don't set yourself up to be eating SPAM and Iceburg lettuce for the rest of the term, but if it is "feasible".  

A great system can be a great asset. :wink:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2003, 04:12 am »
I'm listening to Beethoven's Piano Sonata Op. 14/2 played by the inimitable Claudio Arrau via a pair of VMPS speakers.  Trust me, it's worth it :-)

wshuff

I need a SHOVE. . .
« Reply #7 on: 5 Jun 2003, 04:28 am »
I say get the speakers, ditch the bar.  But...that's just me.  

I don't know where you are taking the bar, but when I took it the moderator stood up on the first day (the state portion, not the multistate) and announced, "We are only looking for minimal competence."  I heard that and figured, "Hey, I can be minimally competent."  Best of luck.