Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

ajzepp

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
« on: 25 Jun 2006, 12:27 am »
I saw this the other night and I thought it was an absolute RIOT! I have really grown to respect Val Kilmer's acting ability. I thought he was great in 'The Salton Sea', and he's awesome in this one too, as "Gay Perry"  :lol:

If you don't take this flick too seriously, there is a LOT to enjoy about it.

Digi-G

Re: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2006, 12:08 pm »
I just watched this movie over the weekend (per your review ajzepp).  I liked it much more than I thought I would.  I'm typically not a fan of Robert Downey Jr, but he was great in this.

You're right, don't take the plot too seriously and it's fun.  Some of the one liners had me rolling on the floor.   :lol:   This seems like the type of movie that could gain a 'cult' following (meaning that some people will see it and think it's the dumbest thing they've ever seen).  But I liked it.   :thumb:

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2006, 12:19 pm »
One of the true pleasures in this life is to watch a movie that you have little or no expectations about and be pleasantly surprised.  The movie is very entertaining and the lines are great.  I will trade a couple of great lines for a coherent plot anytime. 

ZLS

rosconey

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2006, 12:33 pm »
i watched it a few weeks ago-not a bad flic-val was a great gay

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2006, 04:37 am »
I really liked this movie.  It was well written with great dark humor.  Yes, Val as a gay guy was not over the top, just well done!

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2006, 04:16 pm »
You guys have great taste  :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2006, 02:49 am »
I once told my art teacher, "Val Kilmer was awsome in The Door, the movie, he even sang all The Doors songs used in the movie." I think my teacher agreed as she said, "That is because he is a God." I think she might be right! Val Kilmer is an amazing actor.... who gets some of the worst roles on the planet.

bubba966

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2006, 03:25 am »
Haven't seen this yet, though I've wanted to.

And if you want to see Kilmer in something else that's good check out The Salton Sea.