LeAmp II Question

RTPBob

LeAmp II Question
« on: 3 Jun 2003, 08:08 pm »
In reading your comments in the June News on the LeAmp II, I began to consider buying 3 of them for my 5.1 system.  It would leave me one extra channel, but that didn't bother me too much.  Then, continuing to read on, I find "Please drop back and you will have more information on the new 2.1 integrated, the +3 three channel amplifier....."  Three channel amplifier..!!!...wait a minute.  Will the three channel be comparable to 1 1/2 LeAmpIIs?  That way I could buy one 3 channel and one 2 channel?  If it will be - that would be nice then down the road I could buy another II and have 7 channel support.

Thanks

Marbles

LeAmp II Question
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2003, 08:15 pm »
I beleive these are for computer sound systems and around 30 wpc plus more for the bass (sub) module.

Apples and Oranges to the LAII's

hk29

LeAmp II Question
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2003, 08:26 pm »
RTPBOB,

The LeAMP II is a MONOblock (i.e. one channel).  you will need FIVE of them for 5.1 not 3.

hk29

RTPBob

LeAmp II Question
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2003, 12:23 pm »
:oops: Sorry, I can see that now by looking at the picture of the back of the unit.  I think in reading the "wpc" rating my mind leaped to the conclusion it was a two channel amp.  As my kids would say...."my bad".