altmann byob dac vs red wine custom dac

transendanceca

altmann byob dac vs red wine custom dac
« on: 18 Jun 2006, 05:40 pm »
I must appoligise in advance for a question that I imagine may have already been beaten to death - but here goes.

Price not withstanding, could anyone give me some qualitative sense, comparing the altmann byob dac and the red wine custom dac. I have very little electronic expertise but I notice the parallels ie. battery power,non oversampling etc.? The altmann product offers jitter reduction options!
Any thought or feedback would be appreciated.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: altmann byob dac vs red wine custom dac
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:21 am »
Quote from: transendanceca
I must appoligise in advance for a question that I imagine may have already been beaten to death - but here goes.

Price not withstanding, could anyone give me some qualitative sense, comparing the altmann byob dac and the red wine custom dac. I have very little electronic expertise but I notice the parallels ie. battery power,non oversampling etc.? The altmann product offers jitter reduction options!
Any thought or feedback would be appreciated.

Hi transendanceca,

Welcome to Audiocircle!

To avoid any confusion, I am now using the latest version of the Scott Nixon Dackit board in the RWA battery powered dac.

I have not heard the Altmann dac but I have read very favorable talk about it on the various forums.  

Sorry I can't provide much help.  :oops:

Best regards,