The China Syndrome

albee

The China Syndrome
« on: 17 Jun 2006, 03:27 pm »
I love the sound of my Lite DAC-AH.  But, after just 9 months, the right channel has gone on vacation.  I'm satisfied it's not any cabling, source, or amp so the next step is getting it repaired.

Hong Kong will fix it, if I send it back.  That's a whole lot of trouble.  Pacific Valve (which sells them) only services what they sell.

SO . . . does anybody know of a decent repair tech who could repair and possibly upgrade my AH without trapping me into a $400 upgrade path?

Thanks.

(Yes, this is the exact post from another forum.)

Jon L

The China Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2006, 05:40 pm »
This is why if I buy Lite Audio, Zhaolu, etc, it will have to be from a U.S. importer.  There is dealer markup, but sending things to China/Hong Kong to get repaired is no fun.

You could take it to any local electronics repair shop, but their service fee will mostly likely exceed the price of DAC-Ah.

albee

The China Syndrome
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2006, 01:25 am »
Jon L, that's what I'm afraid of . . . a minimum charge of $100 when it only cost $135!  I live in a southern city that is not exactly hip to high end or two-channel listeners.  We had some nice stores in the 70's and 80's till the bottom fell out nationwide.

I have one place I may call.  I'm not so sure anyone here would work on one of those new-fangled dacky thingamajigs.