Here's a tease

Mike Dzurko

Here's a tease
« on: 14 Jun 2006, 06:56 pm »
Coming soon  . . .

Check back RIGHT HERE, for the latest. Please DON'T call YET, as you'll see details HERE first  :D

Eric

Here's a tease
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2006, 07:01 pm »
Wowwwwww!!!!

ganesha

Here's a tease
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2006, 07:19 pm »
Looks great. Is it basically a revamped Protege? 5 1/4" woofers, 4" mid 1"tweeter?

ajayrav

Here's a tease
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2006, 11:55 pm »
:D One of those in gloss black is going to have my grubby paw prints ALL OVER it!!!!

Mike Dzurko

Here's a tease
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2006, 03:54 pm »
Quote from: ganesha
Looks great. Is it basically a revamped Protege? 5 1/4" woofers, 4" mid 1"tweeter?

It is a similar size to the Protege, and of course it uses the same vertical mid-tweeter type of array as all our centers. The drivers and crossovers are completely different and WAY more expensive in the XLC. It is, in all respects, state-of-the-art  :D

tomagardner

Here's a tease
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2006, 06:23 pm »
How would you compare the XLC to a regular XL for center use? TIA, Tom

Ryan45872

Here's a tease
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2006, 06:31 pm »
Mike,
Is that a Morel tweeter?
Ryan

Mike Dzurko

Here's a tease
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2006, 07:52 pm »
Quote from: tomagardner
How would you compare the XLC to a regular XL for center use? TIA, Tom

Tom:

The XLC is going to have greater dynamic capability because of the larger enclosure, three-way design, and double woofers. It is also designed to have a greater vertical window or sweet spot as we know that 90% of the time it will either be placed below or above ear height.

Mike Dzurko

Here's a tease
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2006, 07:52 pm »
Quote from: Ryan45872
Mike,
Is that a Morel tweeter?
Ryan

Ryan:

Good catch  :)

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
Here's a tease
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2006, 03:56 pm »
Hah! I guessed it. So, ported in the front.
Looks Lean & Mean.

Congrats On Another Fine Center. I'll tip a glass of 18 in your honor tonight ;)

E

Ryan45872

Here's a tease
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2006, 05:49 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Mike,
Is that a Morel tweeter?
Ryan

Ryan:

Mike
 Why the Morel and not a Scanspeak to match the XL's?  Not enough room? Just curious.
Thanks
Ryan

ajayrav

Here's a tease
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2006, 01:38 am »
I wondered about that as well, especially since the SS tweeter works so well in XLs.  I suspect space had something to do with it, since one of the goals was to have a state-of-the-art center with more compact dimensions than the Essence.  Additionally, I suspect the vertical dispersion was carefully considered since these are more likely to NOT be placed at ear level and the morels could have a better off-axis response.  At any rate those Morel compact domes are as easily recognizable as the sliced-paper mid-bass drivers from SS!

Mike Dzurko

Here's a tease
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2006, 05:15 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Mike,
Is that a Morel tweeter?
Ryan

Ryan:

Mike
 Why the Morel and not a Scanspeak to match the XL's?  Not enough room? Just curious.
Thanks
Ryan

Ajay pretty much nailed it . . . we wanted to keep the cabinet height as low as possible.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Here's a tease
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jun 2006, 05:28 pm »
I had planned on making a formal introduction of the XLC today. However, it will have to wait until two weeks from today. There are just a couple more pre-production details to nail down. I am headed out of town tomorrow and will be on the road until the 6th. Finishing up these details will be one of my first priorities when I return and I WILL get it done by Monday the 10th. I guarantee it will be well worth the wait  :D

Mike Dzurko

Re: Here's a tease
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:57 pm »
The teasing is over . . . . it's finally here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=29722.0