Discontinued Sapphire 25th's/Protege: Purchasing Assistance

supertweet

How are you All,

I'm an ACI "newbie" considering purchasing a used set of 25th Anniversaries, along w/ a new Protege for C.C. usage.  My ACI experience's been limited to a quick audition of some older Sapphires w/ the slanted baffles.  I haven't seem much press regarding these admittedly older speakers.

I wanted to know if anyone had a pair of ACI's they'd be willing to let me audition in the SF Bay Area, or if he/she'd offer up subjective impressions; don't you all love these vague questions.  :roll:

My previous ownership includes Axiom, Rocket, Kef's, etc., as well as a great little DIY design (Thanks Lou C.  :D ); I'd be happy to provide more in-depth listening preferences, room/placement requirements, current gear, etc. for those who're willing to read a novel.  Thanks to all.
-Jeff

ajayrav

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2006, 07:24 pm »
I have Sapphire XLs that you are welcome to audition.  I live in Walnut Creek.  PM me if interested and we can set something up...

Ajay

Lkdog

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2006, 11:16 am »
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=speakers&n=125672&review=1

I had these. Nice speakers.
They need a sub IMO.

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2006, 09:08 pm »
supertweet

Have a set of the 25s. The Essence is a better match up top, but the Prod is a fine center if size/budget are factors.

You'll be very pleased either way.

E

Harry P

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2006, 01:13 pm »
I've  owned both the Protege and V and the 25th. They do match up well, but you might even want to consider all Proteges across the front. That works REALLY well.