efin...... music!!!

fajimr

efin...... music!!!
« on: 13 Jun 2006, 04:52 pm »
well after some months of construction (most of which consisted of me pulling the amp out and doing some work on it and then storing it again until I had some time)...... my AKSA is finished and plays music.  As it was my first DIY project I was a bit dumbfounded that music actually came out of it when I plugged my CD in (not that I didn't trust Hugh but rather not myself)...  :lol:

I am going through a break in period now but all my inital imporessions are that the amp lives up to its reputation... yes, Hugh is the MAN  :bowdown:  :rock:

A HUGE thanks to hugh for his patience in promptly responding to all my questions and concerns....  thanks goes out to Peter (PSP) too for help in setting up testing equipment and sending detailed pics of his system so I could better understand the wiring aspects.... and thanks to the rest of the AKSA family for responding so positively along the way. It's been a great educational journey!!

and now I think I'll kick back this summer and enjoy some music :guitar:  :violin:  :drums: and some cold ones  :beer: before I set upon the GK-1

jules

efin...... music!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2006, 11:06 pm »
Nice one Jim  :D

Not only do they sound good initially, they give more with time. I don't think this has anything to do with bedding down. It's more a case of being direct but understated, rather than in your face.

They also sound good in winter.

jules