VMPS Larger Sub with MegaWoofers?

WailinOnYa

« on: 10 Jun 2006, 07:39 pm »
:?: I recently purchased A Larger Sub with MegaWoofer upgrades about two months ago. My question is in regards to the larger MegaWoofer. On the VMPS site they have a pic of the Larger sub with MegaWoofers, but the larger 15" woofer does not look the same as the one I have. Unfortunately this is the only pic I have for reference, so I am not sure what to think. The 15" on my unit has a silver/gray appearance. Also I noticed that in the pic the 15" has the same design as the smaller woofer in that the cone moves up and down on the center plug of the speaker which remains static. On my unit it just looks like a regular cone with sealed center plug. Is this correct, have they changed the 15" woofer and I have the correct one or did I get the regular 15" with my unit? Does anyone have an up to date photo of the larger sub with Megas as reference? Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

john1970

Best to ask Brian
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2006, 08:04 pm »
Call Brian today to ask.  He is usually in on Saturday and is very helpful.  When I ordered my RM40s I specified the Auricap upgrades.  The upgrades were not noted on the speaker, but Brian verified that they were installed.  

Good luck,

John

MLRF18

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2006, 06:52 am »
I had the same question when I got my larger back in Feb. E-mailed Brian and he stated that  was the current megawoffer and that they no longer use the phase plug on the 15 inch

covermye

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2006, 10:24 am »
Weird.  What you described sounds like the "old" large woofers from years ago.  Wonder if Big B couild shed some light on what's changed, just out of curiosity...

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2006, 01:59 pm »
Brian is currently on vacation.

WailinOnYa

Re: VMPS Larger Sub with MegaWoofers?
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2006, 02:48 pm »
Over 200 views! Thought I would have got some pics, oh well. What visually differentiates the regular 15" Polycone woofer from the 15" Polycone Megawoofer. Do they appear the same, woofer materials I mean?