Hypex MCH Supply In Stock

Kevin Haskins

« on: 7 Jun 2006, 01:04 am »
I meant to get these on the site a couple weeks ago but got sidetracked. These babies turned out perfect. The PCB layout is courtesy of Jorrit @ Hypex. Layout, design and features pretty much match the Hypex HG supply with the obvious difference of being scalable for 1-5 channel applications. We also differ in that I'm fond of the Panasonic TSHA main capacitors. More to come as I get time to do web development.  

Exodus MCH Power Supply Page

sas

« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2006, 01:20 pm »
kevin,
looks very interesting.. but get a dead link (Product not found!).

A quick question: I'm planning a UCD 180 amp, and had initially thought of a dual mono set-up with 2 HG supplies -- but wonder if you think having dual supplies is significantly better than a single HG supply or the one above????

Thanks!

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2006, 02:22 pm »
Quote from: sas
kevin,
looks very interesting.. but get a dead link (Product not found!).

A quick question: I'm planning a UCD 180 amp, and had initially thought of a dual mono set-up with 2 HG supplies -- but wonder if you think having dual supplies is significantly better than a single HG supply or the one above????

Thanks!

I pulled the product because we found a Q/C problem on the DC protection circuit.   Once we have the problem identified and solved I'll put them back on the site.

If you are going to do a dual mono set-up do it right and build it in two different chassis.   I don't know how to quantify the difference.   It runs the cost up quite a bit to do a true dual mono set-up.    If you have the money and the time there are theoretical benefits to running a dual mono set-up.    I'm not sure the benefits are always audible.   It will depend on the system.

nbourbaki

Re: Hypex MCH Supply In Stock
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2006, 02:38 pm »
How's the MCH supply coming along?  I'm thinking about building a three channel box with the UCD400 modules.  Your MCH supply looks like a perfect match.  On a separate but related subject, does anyone have a solution for a 12v trigger for the UCD modules?  It would be a great addition to a soft start module.

Thanks

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2006, 03:19 pm »
Our fix is in and the MCH should be available within a couple weeks.    I have a prototype 12V trigger that uses a simple relay to toggle the UCD standby feature on/off.   It can also control one LED to indicate standby mode.     In standby mode the modules only use a couple watts of power but the power supply remains powered up.   

nbourbaki

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jul 2006, 03:34 pm »
That's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks for the quick response!  Are you planing to offer the trigger?  It would be great if that feature was part of a soft start module. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jul 2006, 03:39 pm »
I will offer the trigger.   It works directly with the UCD modules, not the softstart.